Chapter 37

(A/N: okay, so during this chapter I highly suggest listening to I'm With You by Avril Lavigne.)

I pulled the hood on my hoodie over my head, shoving my hands into my pockets. The rain pounded against me, soaking me. I sighed and stared at the ground, walking down the sidewalk.

All the memories swam around in my head. The night we were in my bed and she lay on top of me, making me realize I really do love her. The night I took her virginity. The first time we told each other we love each other. All the endless fights. When we danced in the rain. When we kissed.

I didn't realize it, but a huge lump had formed in my throat and I fell to my knees on the sidewalk, crying my eyes out. I seem so pathetic right now, but what am I supposed to do? I'm in love with her, and I never stopped.

I let the rain soak me as I balled up, tears streaming down my face.

I just need her.

I let her get away too easily.

She's engaged now, and she loves him. He loves her. They're gonna have kids and grow old together. But that was supposed to be me.

I realized who I'm truly mad at; her mom. Her mom tore us apart.

I stood up, my tears drying and my sadness being replaced with anger. It's all her damn fault. I felt my chest rise and fall rapidly as I walked down the sidewalk and into the nearest bar. I ordered the strongest drink I could and took multiple shots from it. I quickly got drunk.

-Ashley's P.O.V.-

I found myself stumbling around in the darkness and the rain. My thoughts flew all over the place as I leaned against a random building for support. This isn't happening. This can't be happening. How could he do this to me?

I put my back to the building which looked to be the outside of a bar and slowly slid down the wall, hugging my knees to my chest. I felt the tears pour down and I put my head in my hands. Nothing's right anymore. I don't understand it.

I sat there for a while, when I heard footsteps. I slowly lifted my head up to be greeted with what looked like a drunk man. I couldn't see his face because of the darkness outside.

"Hey, there" he said in an accent that could be Australian or British.

"Um..hi" I said, uncomfortable.

He sat down beside me and against the wall. I still couldn't see his face.

"What're you doing here?" He slurred. I tried to move over a little bit.

"Um..it's nothing" I said, trying to get up.

"Wait" he croaked, grabbing my arm. I felt chills at the sudden touch. "Can I-vent to you?" He asked.

"Uh...I guess.." I trailed off.

I slowly sat back down. He began to chuckle.

"Love is a funny thing" he slurred, shaking his head. I couldn't help but to smile and nod in agreement. "Know whuh I'm sayin'?"

"Unfortunately, yes.." I replied.

"Let me ask you somethin'" he started. "Have you ever loved someone so much you don't know what to do with yourself?"

"I think" I replied quietly. He scoffed.

"Have you ever been torn apart from the one you love by someone else?" He added.

"I don't think.." I trailed off.

"Good. It's painful" he slurred.

I pursed my lips and stared at the ground.

"S'what happened with you?" He asked.

"Well..." I started. "I was supposed to get married-"

He cringed.

"What? What is it?" I asked.

"I jus- the girl I was taken from is s'posed to be getting married next week" he mumbled.

"Oh..." I said quietly.

"Well, go on with the story then."

"Okay.. Well, I was gonna get married next week. Me and him already moved in together. He told me he had to go to work because they called in and left, but his cellphone still sat on the counter..it buzzed with a text from another girl and-and-"

"It's okay" he said quietly. "You can cry."

I began to let the tears pour out, putting my head in my hands. I placed one hand on the ground to keep myself up. Suddenly, I felt his fingertips loosely brush over my hand and I looked at it. Slowly, he grabbed my hand and intertwined out fingers, causing my heart to race.

Why am I letting a drunk stranger hold my hand?

And why do I have this weird feeling?

I scooted closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder. Whoever he is, I'm glad he's here. Because he's making this a lot easier for me.

We stayed like this for a while, when I decided it was time to face Tyler. We both stood up.

"I better get going" I said, still furrowing my eyebrows because I couldn't see his face. He seemed like he had sobered up, but I don't think he could see my face either.

"Okay" he said, quietly. "By the way, what's your name? Just wondering."

"Ashley" I replied. "And yours?"

He hesitated, not saying anything.

"Hello?" I asked.

"M-Michael" he replied, sounding like he was speechless.

"Oh...well it was nice meeting you Michael..?" I said, confused. I began to walk away, when he grabbed me by the hand.

That's when I saw his face.

(A/N: haha, cliff hanger :) sorry for the short chapter, I had writer's block a little bit. But I do appreciate all the comments and votes, it means a lot to me. By the way, the part where Michael's drunk and every time he talks a lot of the words are spelled wrong, it isn't on accident. It's to show how drunk he is. So yeah ily & I'll update tomorrow.)