Chapter 43

-Back To Present; Michael's P.O.V.-

I stepped into the shower, shaking my head at myself. What the hell is wrong with me? I always pressure Ashley into being with me and I hate it so much. I wish I could hold off but it's so hard sometimes.

I know she needs time to think, and I just need to accept that.

I threw my head back to let the hot water soak my hair. It ran down my back and I began to put shampoo in my hair, wondering what's going through Ashley's mind right now.

-Ashley's P.O.V.-

I put the dishes away, waiting for Michael to get out of the shower. I didn't mean to snap at him; I'm just not ready to get into anything serious yet.

Eventually, Michael stepped out of the shower. I looked over at him and he wore a pair of jeans and a plain black shirt. I turned back around and he stepped beside me.

"Yes?" I asked. I watched him fight a grin out of the corner of my eye.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm a jerk."

"No, you're not a jerk. I shouldn't have snapped at you."

"Yeah well, you wouldn't have done that if it weren't for me being a jerk. Sorry."

I sighed.

"It's okay, Michael."

I had been working to finish up the dishes when he grabbed my arm, making my heart race. I looked up at him.

"I'll get those for you" he said. I blinked a few times.

"Um, okay, thanks." He let go of my arm and I slowly walked away, awkwardly sitting on his bed. He wiped the dishes and turned around to look at me, smiling.

"Bored already?" He asked.

"It's not that I'm bored" I replied.

"Well then, um..what do you want to do today?"

"Stay in bed all day" I mumbled, crawling under his covers.

"You can't just do that, it won't solve anything" he replied, putting the dishes away and walking over to where I lay.

"I know, but what else is there to do? I miss him already.." I trailed off. Michael sighed and pulled up a chair, sitting next to where I lay.

"It's tough right now, but you'll get over him. You just have to forget about him."

I smirked at Michael.

"Since when did the bad boy start giving advice?"

"I'm a grown-up now, okay?" Michael said, narrowing his eyes. "I'm mature."

"Yeah, okay" I teased. "Speaking of that, do you even have a job?"

"Um, well, not exactly..." He replied.

"What? How do you get food and everything?"

"I usually eat over at my mom's house..."

"Michael" I replied, giving him a look.

"Well, what about you?" He asked. "Doesn't seem like you have one either."

"I do, but I'm off because of the..." I stopped, not wanting to say wedding.

Michael slowly grabbed my hand and rubbed circles on it with his thumb.

"It's okay."

"No it isn't" I replied, letting go of his hand and turning over. "I mean, what did you do when we broke up?"

"Well," he started. "I was an emotional wreck."

"Okay, so there you go. You can't say I'm overreacting."

"I never said you were, though" he replied, confused.

"Never mind" I mumbled. "I just don't wanna talk right now."

"Okay..." He replied. "Sorry." He got up and began to walk away.

"Wait" I said. He stopped and turned around, raising and eyebrow.

"Lay with me."

"U-um-"

"Just do it" I interrupted.

So he climbed under the covers and lay beside me, yet on the other side of the bed.

"Closer, Michael" I said. He turned around and smiled, scooting closer to me.

-Michael's P.O.V.-

For some reason when she said my name, I felt like I had went weak. I scooted closer to her and she buried her face in my chest. I slowly wrapped my arms around her, unsure of whether that was the right thing to do or not, but she didn't say anything.

"Um..why exactly do you want me to do this? Not to be rude.." I asked.

"I don't know. You calm me down."

I decided not to say anything after that. All I know is she's here with me now, and I missed this more than anything.

I guess I never really fell out of love with her.

(A/N: ok sorry I haven't updated in a while, but here you go. I realize this fanfic is probably sappy and cheesy as fuck but I'm trying not to make it come off that way, haha. Anyways, be prepared because something really emotional is gonna be happening soon..it could be in the next chapter, or the chapter after that, or the chapter after that ;)
by the way, I'm thinking of starting a new fanfic..? It would be an Ashton fanfic and it would be about a girl and Ashton hating each other with a strong passion and shit goes down, and well yeah. Should I..? Let me know :)