Chapter 50

Sorry it took a while to update, but here you go :)

-

It took everything in me not to cry. I slowly turned around, walking out and choking back tears. He immediately got up and grabbed my arm, pulling me towards him so I looked at him.

"Ashley, those girls are just friends, I need you to trust me on this" he said, staring me dead in the eyes.

"I don't wanna talk to you right now" I said.

"No, I need to talk to you" he said, grabbing my arm. I huffed, spinning back around. "Look, I know that you didn't sleep around when we broke up; I believe you."

"Y-you do?" I stuttered. This went easier than I expected.

"Yes...but Calum's messing with our heads."

"What? No he isn't" I replied.

"Ashley, he is" Michael replied. We started to walk down the street.

"How so?"

"It's obvious...he made up the lie that you were sleeping around when we broke up just so I'd get mad at you."

"But..Calum told me he never actually said that to you...he told me you made that up just to have an excuse break up with me...and make it look like it's my fault..." I trailed off.

"Are you fucking kidding me Ashley?" He said. "I'm in love with you. Why would I make something like that up?"

"You-what?" I asked. His eyes went wide when he realized what he had said.

"I just-I asked why I'd make something like that up."

"Okay then..." I replied, letting he subject drop. But I can't deny it; it made my heart flutter uncontrollably.

"But seriously..Ashley, we're doing so good, and you know I wouldn't make something up like that."

"But..I don't understand why Calum would lie like this?" I asked. "And anyways, you didn't even try to contact me..it's like you didn't care."

"What?" He asked. "I literally blew up your phone."

"No you didn't..?" I replied.

"Yes, I did." He took his phone out and showed me his call log and the texts.

"I don't understand..I didn't wake up to any messages..and...-"

That's when all the pieces fit together.

Of course. It was Calum who had taken my phone.

"Calum" I mumbled under my breath, anger building up inside of me. Why the hell would he go this extreme? "I need to get my phone from Calum."

"Calum has your phone?"

"Yes, that's why I hadn't been getting any calls. Because I couldn't find my phone, and Calum obviously took it."

"I'll go with you then" he said.

"No-"

"I need to. You never know what Calum could try next."

I nodded, giving up. We both walked to his apartment. Once we arrived, I banged on the door. Calum opened it, raising an eyebrow in surprise as he saw Michael and I standing side by side.

"Give me my phone" I snapped. He scowled.

"I don't know where your phone is."

"Don't give me that bullshit" I replied.

"Why are you both here..?" He asked.

"She wants her fucking phone back" Michael replied, beginning to lash out at Calum. I grabbed Michael's arm and pulled him back, rubbing it in comfort.

"I don't know why the hell you're assuming I took it because as far as I'm concerned, we can't find it. But you're welcome to go look again." He rolled his eyes and turned around, walking back into his apartment.

I walked to the back room with Michael, scanning the room with my eyes. That's when I found it sitting on the desk.

"But..but..what?" I stuttered, picking it up.

"Wait..we can test this" Michael said. He took my phone and turned it in for me. Once it had turned on, it read that I had no messages or missed calls, which was a dead giveaway Calum had taken it. He deleted the calls and messages so I'd think Michael didn't try to contact me.

I watched as Michael angrily balled his fists up, storming into the living room.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Michael yelled, grabbing Calum by his shirt collar. Calum raised an eyebrow, showing no fear.

"What are you talking about?" He had the nerve to ask. Michael punched him in the jaw.

"Michael!" I yelled. Michael continued to punch Calum, throwing him on the ground.

Calum kneed Michael in the stomach and Michael cringed as Calum punched him multiple times after that in the stomach.

"Stop!" I yelled again, not knowing what to do. I grabbed Calum by his arm to pull him off of Michael but Calum brushed me off, punching Michael in the eye. Michael tried to sit up but Calum kicked him, making him slam back down onto the ground. Calum bent Michael's arm back until I heard a snap.

"Calum!" I yelled. Calum finally stopped, standing up and pulling his sleeves up.

"Get out" Calum snapped.

Michael slowly pulled himself to his feet, squeezing his eyes shut as he felt the pain in his arm. I took Michael's hand and walked out with him. We both walked back to his cabin which included him making noises to show he was in pain and me giving him comfort. Once we got back to the cabin, I sat him on the bed and sighed, kneeling down in front of him. His eye was swollen and black and he tried to avoid eye contact with me. I put both hands on either side of his face, turning his head to look straight at me. When he did, I felt an ache in my heart. He looked as though he was ashamed at the fact he let Calum break his arm.

"Michael" I said softly. He pursed his lips.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked.

"Yes" I admitted. "A little. But how are you feeling?"

He shrugged, staring at the ground. I left the room and cleaned up his eye, putting an ice pack on it.

"We need to get you to the hospital" I said, brushing his hair out of his face.

"I don't wanna go to the hospital" he said.

"He broke your arm, Michael" I replied.

"Dammit, I'm such a failure" he mumbled. "I fucking hate Calum. I wish I could go back and beat the actual snot out of him."

"Calm down" I said softly. He closed his eyes and inhaled, slowly exhaling.

He held out his good arm and wrapped it around me. I rested my chin on the top of his head and he buried his head into my chest.