0.3

Elena's POV

When I get home I see my parents still sitting in the living room, talking about the divorce probably. They notice my presence as I walk into the room and sit down on one of the armchairs.

"Before you say anything I want to say something to the both of you." They nod slowly and listen to me carefully.

"I guess that I kinda, maybe, not really, but still, overreacted a while ago. Just so you know, no, I'm not okay with you splitting up. But if that's what you really want then so it be. I'll be in my room if you need me." I voice my thoughts.

I climb up the stairs and go into my room. I throw my shoes and coat on the ground. Having a tidy room is the last thing on my mind right now. I slip out of my black jeans and sweater, and put on some yoga shorts and a hoodie. I get into bed under the covers and try to get warm. It's a very cold winter this year.

I plug my earbuds into my phone and put them in my ears. I can feel myself get sleepy and the calming voice of Ed Sheeran is all I can remember before I drift into sleep.

I slowly open my eyes and notice that it's already dark outside. Who knows for how long I've slept? I turn on my phone and see that it's 11:13pm. I try to find the switch of my bed side lamp. As I turn it on I sit up and take deep breath. Today was one hell of a day. It is late but I could use a walk to clear my thoughts. I massage my temples to ease the headache, but notice no benefit of doing so.

I get out of my bed and put on the same jeans I wore before that day and some sweater I pick from the drawer.

I get out of the house as quietly as I can. My family likes to go to bed pretty early so if they find out what I'm doing at this hour, they're probably gonna flip out. It's not like I'm twenty years old or anything.

I put a beanie and my coat on. It's cold outside but not as much as I thought it would be though.

I wander around the streets in the neighbourhood and just think. I think about uni, about my parents, about Aleisha, about life, pretty much about everything.

I take deep breaths and look up at the sky that is full of stars tonight. I can't remember how much time I spent looking at the night sky until I can hear someone's voice snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Enna?" the voice asks me unsurely.

I can barely make out the figure but I suddenly recognize those curls from somewhere.

"Harry? What are you doing here?" I ask him in a surprised voice.

"I could ask you the same thing" he smiles slightly.

"I was-I was just uh walking. I like night walks. It's uh... peaceful. " I stutter as I try explaining my weird obsession of taking night walks.

"Yea it is. I asked because you're standing in the middle of the street staring at the sky at midnight." He asks as if he's amused by my actions.

"Oh, right. I was just- uh - just looking at the stars. They're so pretty." I look up again to admire their beauty. I always loved the stars, it makes me feel like I'm part of something big.

I can feel him looking up also and then turning his gaze towards me. I turn my head to him and notice just how small the space between us is.

"Just like you."

"What?" I ask not being able to blink or move a muscle.

"You're beautiful." He says in a light voice.

I look down and smile shyly. I was never one to accept compliments. I usually just shrug them off. I don't respond any differently this time too.

He starts to lean in and I look up. I can feel my heart picking up its pace as his lips almost brush against mine.

Almost.

I turn my head so his mouth comes in contact with my cheek.

"I'm sorry." I breathe out.

"No- um- it's fine. I just-I um thought. Um- never mind." He stutters and increases the gap between us. He turns around and starts walking away but I stop him.

"No, wait." I grab his forearm and make him turn around.

"Enna, look I'm sorry. I got caught up in the moment. I'm just gonna leave." He says and starts turning around for the second time that night.

"Wait. Look, you're a great guy I can see that you really are. But I'm just not ready for a relationship yet, okay?" I say as I try to explain it all, without hurting him.

Harry nods and closes his eyes. He opens them again and nods a couple times.

"Yea, I completely understand, don't worry. I'm not gonna push you into liking me aren't I?" he chuckles.

"Friends?" I ask, lifting your eyebrows.

"Of course" He smiles.

I open your arms for a hug and he accepts it. He smells like mint mixed with vanilla and a strong cologne. He smells like a dream. I bury my head in his chest as his arms wrap protectively around my torso.

He pulls away from the hug and I find myself missing the feeling of his arms around me.

"Give me your phone." he orders.

"Okay." I look at him weirdly but he just smiles and shakes his head. I hand him my phone as he calls himself from my phone, so now we both have each other's numbers.

"I'm gonna text you tomorrow. We can hang out or something." he gives my phone back.

"Yea sure, I'd love that." I shoot him a sweet smile.

"As friends though."

"Just friends."

"Bye now, Enna." He says softly.

"Bye, Harry. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." He walks away and I turn around finding my way back home.

When I arrive home, I go up into my room trying to not wake anyone up. I get changed and climb in bed. I see my phone light up, meaning I receive a text message.

"Sweet dreams, beautiful xx -H."

That little text puts a smile on my face as I close my eyes. I let out a content sigh as my mind finally settles down.

Life doesn't suck that much anyway.

-----------------

a/n

vote, comment, share

don't give up on this one yet, i promise it gets better

-emily