2.7

Elena's POV

The second I told Harry the news, we rushed out from the house and got in a cab. She was situated in the hospital that's in the centre of the city.

I keep rubbing my palms against my jeans, so that I can get rid of the sweat that's started to form. Harry takes my hand in his, and gives it a little squeeze. I look up to him with worried eyes as he nods to me, as if saying that everything is going to be alright.

He raises our entwined hands and brings a little kiss to my knuckles. The actions seem to calm my nerves, just a little bit though.

The ride to the hospital was long and the traffic jam wasn't making it any faster.

After thirty or so painful moment full of anxiety and worry for my best friend, we finally arrive.

We ask in what room she is at the reception desk. They tell us that she's in room 302 and we get to the third floor, using the elevator.

Harry's been whispering encouraging things like "She's gonna be okay", "I'm sure it's nothing major" throughout the whole path. It made me feel safe for some reason and after a while I started believing hid words.

Yes, she's going to be okay.

We arrive on the right floor and immediately look for the number 302 written on the doors.

298...299...300...301...302!

"This is the one, Harry." I shift my body so I'm facing him and he gives me one more encouraging nod before I raise my hand to knock on the door.

As my knuckles were about to come in contact with the door, someone clearing their throat – in an annoying way – stopped me.

Harry and I turn around to see who that someone is and I find myself gasp at the sight.

None other, but my asshole of ex-boyfriend, also known as Jack, is sitting on the chair across from us.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I blurt out the words without even thinking. But then again what is there to think in situations like this.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Jack answers my question with another one and my mood just went from worried to pissed off in 0.1 seconds.

So, he doesn't know who I am.

"Oh, so now you act like you don't remember me?" I say in an annoyed voice.

"How can a person remember someone he hasn't met?" he says matter-of-factly.

Harry steps up in front of me. "Alright pal, drop the mask, don't play games, we came here to see Aleisha, nothing more, alright?"

"She's my girlfriend, I can't let strangers in her room." His voice is showing annoyance as well. I can sense that the atmosphere in this hall just became very tense.

"Girlfriend? Since when do you even know her? I thought you left town." I ask him with furrowed eyebrows. This douche is confusing me more by every second.

"I never left town, what are you talking about? And who even are you people?"

My tolerance is at level minus 100 and I can tell Harry's is too.

"Cut the crap, Jack, I'm going to see my best friend."

When I said Jack, he closed his eyes and a smile took over his face. This idiot is now smiling. I knew he had some problems, but not this big.

Mint | h.s.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें