1.8

Elena's POV

I blink a few times as I think over and over of why is he telling me this.

"And that concerns me why?" I say my mind as he starts shifting his weight from one to the another foot.

"I just thought that, you know, you would, I don't know, want to know" he stutters and it comes out more as a question than a statement.

I furrow my eyebrows and sigh. I massage my temples because of the pain that I'm feeling in my head right now. "Look, Harry. Today has been the most confusing and weird and just ugh day of my life. Can we talk about this later?" He opens his mouth, preparing himself to tell me something, but then he closes it and nods. His head lowers and his eyes shift from his shoes to me to his shoes again.

"Yea, sure, we can. I'll stop by tomorrow or something. Bye, Elena." Harry walks out and I close my eyes.

"Wait." He stops walking and waits. "Are you okay?" I felt bad for just kicking him out, when obviously something was wrong with him. My feelings towards him haven't changed and, at this moment my heart spoke instead of my mind.

He turned around and looked me for a second, or a minute, or an hour – I could never tell. Whenever our eyes locked, time seemed to simply, not exist.

"Yea, I'm fine." I swallowed and nodded. "Okay." Suddenly the hem of my sweater became very interesting. Harry cleared his throat and exited himself.

Once I heard the door close, I sigh for the millionth time today and just throw myself on the couch. I sit there for a bit, just rethinking everything that has happened today and what is going to happen. I snap out of my little bubble and go upstairs. I bring a lot of snacks and drinks to my room and start with the fourth season of "The Vampire diaries". Nothing beats being in your sweats, a large tee, watching a great show while eating food.

Episode after episode, 3am rolls around, but who cares – it is summer break and watch my sleep schedule getting messed up now.

Just when Damon started to dance with Elena, I heard some tapping. I paused the episode and waited to see if the noise was gonna repeat itself. I shrug it off as I carry on watching.

I hear the noise again and now I'm kind of annoyed. Whatever it is this thing, it needs to stop. No one has the right to interrupt a delena moment. I get near the window and try to look in the darkness. I spot a figure standing right under my window. I open it and peak my head out, in the chilly air.

"Harry, what are you doing here at 3 in the morning?" My voice seems to startle him as he loses his balance and trips over his own feet. Harry manages to regain his balance and starts laughing.

"Seriously, are you drunk?" I cannot handle drunk Harry now and I don't want to. I just wanna go back to bed.

He looks up at me and puts his thumb and point fingers close. "A little bit." He giggles and it somehow puts a smile on my face. As annoyed as I am, that giggle was just something else. "Hey, Enna, knock knock?" His words are slurred and I can barely understand what he is saying.

I roll my eyes and sigh, not wanting to do this. "Harry, please, no jokes." He acts like he's hurt by my comment by putting his hand over his chest. His smile makes its way back onto his face as he asks me the same thing. "Knock knock"

I shake my head and smile a little at him. "Who is it?"

"Orange."

"Orange who?"