3.5

Elena's POV

I open my eyes, slowly, resisting to the brightness that's burning my eyes. I close my right eye, reading the time from the clock positioned on the wall, right in front of me. 09:45. I've always been a morning person, wanting to get things ready as early as possible. I push my torso forward and swing my legs to the left. Standing up, I tap the home button on my phone, only to disappoint my expectations of the device lightening up. Instead, it keeps its screen dark, signaling that is indeed with no battery left.

I sigh and grab a hairband from the nightstand, taking my phone in the way. I plug my phone in, the gadget's screen brightening with life. I quickly form a messy bun at the top of my head, heading to the bathroom, getting myself ready for the day.

Thoughts of Harry rush through my mind when I spot his green toothbrush leaning in the cup in the drawer. Smiling, I take the pink one. It brings me joy knowing that Harry is sorting his things out, on a personal and non personal level. It's wonderful seeing the person you love become the best version of themselves. Everything has been so good lately, I can't help but zone out, drowning in my thoughts.

I remember what my mum said a while ago. She said that things can't always be bad, but they also can't stay good forever. There's always going to be a balance between the good and the bad in life.

I shake my head, getting rid of the irrelevant flashbacks.

After I get dressed, I go to the bakery to grab some breakfast. Working with empty stomach is not something I enjoy. Uni has started and my days aren't that busy yet. Still, I have some work I want to get done.

I pick a piece of apple pie and go to the cashier to pay for it. When I look up, I'm met with the person I wanted to see the least.

"Oh well, oh well, look who it is." Bella mockingly remarks. Yes, the same Bella who dated Harry a few couple of months ago. She's wearing a sarcastic smile on her face, with her eyes narrowed.

"I can see you haven't changed one bit." I hand her the money over.

"You know who hasn't changed either? Your lovely little boyfriend." She crosses her arms after giving me the bag.

I scrunch my eyebrows at her, but shrug it off. It's just Bella and her stupid snarky comments. Nothing new.

I turn around and walk out of the bakery. Suddenly, I hear my name being shouted. I snap my head around, trying to figure out where it's coming from.

"Elena!"

"Hey!" I spot the male figure walking towards me, one of their hands occupied by holding plenty of bags.

"How're you doing?" I ask him, as I gave him a short hug.

"Good, you?" Finn nods his head at me.

"Pretty good, yeah, just, grabbed some breakfast." I lift the arm which was holding the bag a little.

"Nice, wanna come over? Aleisha should be home."

Finn and Aleisha were starting to get serious, so a few weeks ago they decided to move in together. I kind of wanted to make that move with Harry, but I don't wanna be the one that brings it up. What if he's content with the relationship as it is now?

"No, I have to do some stuff for uni. It's cool." I shrug.

"Hey, Elena." He says with a bit of seriousness in his voice.

"Yea?" I ask casually.

"You're alright?" His eyes hold a hint of concern.

"Yea, why?" I furrow my brows.