1.6

Elena's POV

ONE MONTH LATER

I'm walking out of the classroom, sighing in relieve as I just finished taking my last exam of this semester, also the very last one of this school year. I had some bumps in the road with the material. My thoughts weren't where they were supposed to be and it caused for me to slip a few C's and B's here and there. I was used to getting straight A's every year, but I guess this one wasn't going to be of that kind.

Aleisha and I are back where we were a little over a year ago and I seriously couldn't be happier about it. She has actually gotten herself a new boyfriend, his name was Finn. From everything she has told me about him, Finn seems like a pretty nice guy. I still need to have the talk with him though. I don't want her getting hurt the way I was, twice.

I guess I could say I was being more social and outgoing since I only had one friend. Lola and Anne were being the nicest friends anyone could ask for. We sort of clicked right away and were having the most fun we could, considering this year of uni has been the hardest so far. Lola had the looks I would kill for, shes the party of this little group we had. Anne was a literal flower, she had the laugh that makes you forget about anything bad.

However, Ashy will always be my best friend, she knows everything there is to know about me anyway.

I spot Anne as im walking away from the building to see her waving at me. I walk up to her and give her a hug. Summer was here and she was going to spend it travelling across the US with her boyfriend of three years. It sounded like the perfect summer to me.

"Im gonna miss you." She mumbles.

"Im gonna miss you too." I lightly smile as I pull away to look at her. "Have a great time, okay? Ill want all the details when you get back."

"Of course. Love you." She hugs me again as I start walking away.

A thought comes into my mind as I turn around and put a smirk on my face.

"Use protection!" She widens her eyes, but still manages to nod while laughing. I walk in the direction of my house with a smile of my face.

Summer break is here and I cant wait to get in my room, grab a lot of food and start watching a new series. I got obsessed with "The Vampire diaries", after Ashy talking about it so much. Damon really is hot.

The smile I was wearing fades a little as I remember that Im going to be alone for the most of the break. Anne was going away, Lola told me she was going to get a summer job - she wants to save up a lot of money, so that she can get her own place to live – and Aleisha is already so caught up with Finn, I would be happy if I see her two times thus summer. Oh, wells, I guess Ian Somerhalder and Dylan Obrien can make me company.

I sigh as I arrive at the porch and start looking for my keys in my purse. After good five minutes of swearing and basically putting everything out of the bag, I spot the metal and get it out. I switch the lock, only to see that it is indeed unlocked. Confusion observes me as I think. My sister is taking her finals and my mum has two hours until she needs to get home.

Fear overtakes my senses as I start to panic, thinking that someone is either robbing us right now, or someone is going to kidnap me. I see an umbrella right at the front door and grab it, using it as self-defense.

I slowly walk through the halls, aiming for the living room. As I walk into it I notice a figure sitting on the armchair. His hair is longer from the last time ive seen him. A little stubble is showing off at his jaw and he has dark circles around his eyes. He looks up and locks gaze with me. Time seems to stop and I drop the umbrella on the floor.

"Hi, Elena."

I almost forgot what its like to hear my name coming out from him. His voice is light and melodic; its like music to my ears. He hasn't changed one bit, still its like a different person is sitting in front of me. Someone may think that the time that has passed was a short one, but to me it seemed like years.

I remember the reason why I actually haven't seen him for so long, and feel a sudden anger flow through my veins. My nails are sure to leave marks in my palms, as I fist my hands. I clench my teeth as I manage to spit out the words out of my mouth.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"