3.0

Elena's POV

With every breath I take, I can scent the worn off cologne he's wearing. The room feels a little chilly, as the window is opened and we're in the middle of August. The hot and bright summer is slowly fading into rainy and colorful autumn.

We lay in silence, the only thing our minds can register as sound is the faded traffic noise, which seems like it's a reality away. My head lays on his chest, his hand around my body, pressing me into him. Our legs are a tangled mess, my arm across his stomach, our heads wrapped around random thoughts.

This one person once said that being in love meant doing absolutely nothing with a person, and feeling like you're on top of the world, because their simple presence, feels like you're on the actual top of the world.

I hear him let out a sigh and slowly tilt my head back. "You good?" I whisper. A comfortable silence these days is so precious and rare, I don't want it to fade away.

"Yea." He whispers back. "actually.." he trails off.

I slowly sit up so I can look at him properly, his hand still around my waist.

"The actual reason I came here is that", the words roll off his tongue slowly, my heart pounding in my chest as I wait for him to finish his sentence anxiously. "remember how I told you about my friends back home?" I take two seconds as I recon him telling me funny stories about them and nod. "Well, they're in town."

He wears a faded and somewhat uneasy smile on his face.

"That's great, right? You've spent so much time away from them, this is great news, Harry." I say as I smile excitedly.

"Yeah, but..." he trails off.

"But what?" I ask him with furrowed brows.

"What if... what if they hate me already?" he fumbles with his thumbs as he ignores my gaze on him.

"They won't hate you, why would they hate you?"

He slowly shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know." He mumbles.

I place my fingers under his chin and use them to move his head carefully towards me, so he can look at me. "Listen, why don't you ask them to hang out and see how things go. They've been your friends since forever, they can't hate you." I tell him.

"Okay." He says in a hushed voice.

"Okay." I say in a voice more loud than him.

"Okay?" He raises his eyebrow.

"Okay." A smirk is placed on my face.

"Okay." He smiles cheekily.

"Ookaay."

"Okay."

"Okay, stop saying okay." I giggle.

"Okay." He chuckles as he realizes that he just has said okay. "No, I'm serious, I will call them, tomorrow, or the day after, or never."

I give him a look that says "come on".

Harry rolls his eyes. "Fine, I'll call Niall tomorrow."

"Good." I shoot him a smile.

We spent the night talking, well Harry did the most talking as he was going down memory lane and telling me stories of him and his friends from when they were little. After a while, both of us grew tired and we fell asleep, tangled in a pile of thin blankets.

The next morning, I was woken up by the sun rising, directly hitting my eyes from the opened window.

I squint and stir, trying to move out of Harry's tight grip around my waist. I slowly move his arm from under my body, but as soon as I do that, he pulls me even more into him.

"Harry, let me get up." I whisper with a smile on my face. His lips are pouty and eyes closed, the sun is lighting up his face and saying that he represents an angel, is an understatement.

"Noooo." He murmurs. "Just five more minutes."

I smile at him even though he can't see me. I admire the lines of his jaw, cheeks and nose, the way the curls find their way in his hair, the way his lips are curved.

"You're staring at me." He mumbles and then slowly opens his eyes. As soon as his eyes meet the bright light fulfilling the room, he squints. I quietly let out a laugh at his confused, morning expression.

"Hi." I whisper.

"Hi." We stare in each other's eyes for god knows how long. My mind is wrapped around one single thought - what did I do to deserve him?

"What are those?" he suddenly asks as he looks at something behind me.

I turn around to see what he's talking about. "What is what?"

Harry slowly gets up, runs his fingers through his head as his eyes are focused on my desk. With a confused look in my eyes, I also get up, and follow his steps. I see him picking something and I widen my eyes when I realize what he is looking at.

"No, no, no, no, no." I mumble and quickly rush to his side, taking those from him and putting them under a folder that happened to be placed on that table for some reason.

"Are those yours?" he furrows his eyebrows.

"Maybe." I glance around the room, not wanting to meet his eyes, cause I know that if I do, I'll spill everything out.

"So, they are yours. I never knew you were into photography." He has a curious sparkle in his eyes, which with his small smirk, is telling me that I won't get out of this room until I show him everything.

I pull the pictures from underneath the folder I use for school and let out a deep sigh. I hesitantly give them to him. "It's just something I always do when I feel like time is slipping through my fingers. Capturing the moment with one click seems to stop the time, it's satisfying." I quietly tell him as I keep my stare locked on one of the photos.

Photography has never been my number one priority in life, but stopping time from passing in a way, and being able to relive a moment, over and over again, makes me pretty content.

"I write." Harry's voice snaps me out of my thoughts as I look up.

"What?" I ask him, still dazzled by his blurt-out.

"I write." He repeats himself, but this time in a more calm and every-day-normal tone.

"Like books?" I raise my eyebrows, now very transfixed in his answer.

"Whatever I feel like." He shrugs his shoulders.

"Oh. I never knew you were into writing." I repeat his words from minutes ago, with a sly smile.

He grins and slightly shakes his head at my use of words. "Like you said, it's good to stop the time, or just capture it, but with words."

"Okay, now, this isn't fair." I say with a serious expression.

"What isn't fair?" His face scrunches up in confusion.

"Well, you saw my photos, but I haven't read anything you wrote, so I think that's pretty unfair." I say matter-of-factly.

"One day, okay?"

"Promise?"

He nods with a reassuring smile. "I promise."