1.1

Elena's POV

'Sorry, I got so much more work to do. Don't wait up. I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you I promise.'

I read the text and sigh. This is the fourth time that Jack has canceled our date. The first time was because he was sick, for the second one, he was visiting his mum, he was working for the third one, and now the fourth time - the same - he's working.

He works at this cool art community. Basically he organizes art exhibitions, settles the pieces and things like that. In my opinion, it's an extremely boring job, but different people have different interests, right?

Still, I don't comprehend how someone can be so busy while having that job. I never expected that Jack would be so busy setting art pieces on the walls.

I sigh for the i-lost-count time of the day and think about what I should do now. I had plans and now they're just gone. Bored is what I find myself feel.

I look around my room and stop at the frame on my desk. It's a picture of me and Harry, smiling at the camera. It was taken while we were having breakfast at the bakery. I smile at it and think about how things turned from good to inexplicably bad in such a short period of time.

I don't even remember why I printed the photo and put it on my desk, but the main thing is that I did.

It's a lovely afternoon and here I am sitting in my room, dulling around.

Right after I look outside of my window, I put a pair of converse on, a jacket and leave the house.

As I'm walking out, I glance at the numerous boxes in the living room. My dad is moving out and my mum is keeping the house. They decided it themselves.

I walk around the neighborhood, take several deep breaths and smile as the sunshine is warming me up a bit.

I could really use a chill, cozy, short hang out with Harry now.

I don't have the slightest idea where that thought popped in my mind from.But I miss Harry so much. He was an amazing friend- and a little more-, after all. Time spent with him was a time I will never forget.

My footsteps lead me to his doorstep, it's like my subconscious self makes the decisions for me.

Look at me, having a boyfriend, and instead of visiting him at work, I'm standing in front of Harry's house. I take a deep breath and make my knuckles come in contact with the wooden door three times in a row. The door flungs open and I'm met with Harry wearing a confused and surprised expression on his face.

I smile lightly trying to ease the tension that seems to have built in less than two seconds.

"What are you doing here?"

"Not a 'come in', huh?" I smile bitterly while looking down at my feet and then glancing up at him.

"No, I thought you made yourself pretty clear last time. What do you want?" His voice is sharp, sending a chill down my spine. He seems angry, mad, I guess I should've expected that. He wasn't going to smile and let me in like nothing ever happened.

"Uh-" I don't even know why I came here, I catch myself struggle finding words to say.

"Well?" he asks impatiently.

"I'm sorry." I blurt out before I can rethink any of this.

"What?"

"I'm sorry for leading you on or whatever the hell I did to you. I miss talking to you and laughing with you and getting breakfast and walking in the middle of night. I miss my friend."

I may have noticed him flinch at my words, but it may have been my blurry sight playing tricks at me. I swallow the lump in my throat, wondering when I became so emotional.

I blink away the tears as my gaze locks with Harry's. He seems to soften up at the almost tears of mine.

"Fancy a cup of tea?"

I raise my eyebrows at the sudden question and smile.

"Yes, thank you."