2.5

Elena's POV

I move my hand to pat the space beside me, only to come in touch with empty soft sheets. I slowly open my eyes and sit up. I notice a small amount of brightness fulfilling the room. A figure sitting on a chair with their head bent down in front , comes into my sight.

I stand up and shiver from how cold the floor feels against my bare feet.

With small steps I move towards him. He doesn't seem to hear my steps as he jumps when I put my arms around his neck. My head comes in contact with his bare shoulder, parts of my hair falling across my eyes. I notice some kind of a notebook sitting on the desk in front of him.

In one quick movement, he closes the notebook and turns his head to me.

"What are you doing awake?" his voice is quiet and raspy.

"I should be asking you the same question." I respond as quiet as him. He takes my wrists slowly and unwraps my arms. He stands up and goes over to me. He takes bits of my hair that has fallen on my face and slowly tucks them behind my ear. He uses his thumb to caress my cheek as I simply stand there, melting under his touch.

"I was just writing down some stuff." He bites the inside of the cheek as we both move towards the bed and then get under the covers.

I think about what "stuff" he could be writing. Is it about Eleanor? Did our conversation earlier made him think about the past? Does he still think about her as much as he used to? What could he be doing in the middle of night? What even is that notebook?

"You're overthinking it. Again." He chuckles.

I turn my head towards him and see the soft smile plastered on his beautiful face.

"If you wanna ask me something, just do it. I don't want you to be afraid to ask me anything. It's okay to be curious." He bites his lip and raises his eyebrows.

"My question is how did I get so lucky?" I look at him in the eyes and see a little twinkle. He takes me by my hips and swiftly flips me on top of him.

He sends me a soft smile. "No, how did I get so lucky?" He gives me a soft peck on the lips, leaving me wanting for more. "Now, what was your real question?"

I look down as thoughts start running through my head at a ridiculously fast pace. I try to gather my thoughts in one place and form a proper sentence. I can feel his burning gaze and that causes me to feel some kind of pressure. I take a deep breath and finally look at him in the eyes.

The look on his face hasn't changed as he waits for me utter the words. Why is this so hard? Why can't I just spit what I want to ask him? Why does it have to be so problematic? It's just a simple question.

Then spit it out.

"Do you still love her?" I blurt out the words before I can even process what was rolling out of tongue.

His eyes widen a bit as he swallows thickly. I guess I took him by surprise. He wasn't expecting that kind of question. Hell, I didn't expect that. Way to go Elena. Now you scared him. Why do I have to be so stupid?

"Hey, you are not stupid." He smiles lightly as I realize that I said that out loud.

I purse my lips and bite my bottom lip so hard, I wouldn't be surprised if blood appeared.

"No."

I look up only to meet his piercing eyes looking in mine. The intensity behind his pupils is unreal as I glance down.