Epilogue

Elena's POV

I sit on the edge, on the right side of the king-sized bed. Letting out a sigh, I glance at the framed picture placed on nightstand, doing what it's meant to do, keeping time frozen. I observe the happenings on the picture, chuckling at how naïve I was. Maybe that was its purpose, to give me a lesson. Flashbacks run through my mind.

My hands are shaking from the nerves tingling down my spine. I lightly rub them on the white silky fabric of my dress. I look at the reflection in the mirror, in front of me, making sure I got everything I need. From the elegant bun on my head, to my light but still noticeable make-up, to the long, beautiful dress, to my white heels.

Letting out a deep breath, I call out for my father. "Dad! I'm ready!"

He comes rushing into the room, looking up and down at me, taking in my appearance. I smile lightly at him, awaiting his response.

"You look gorgeous, honey. My baby girl is getting married..."Moisture starts to dwell in his eyes, me noticing how hard he tries into holding the tears back.

"Thank you." I quietly reply.

"Well," he takes a deep breath, "shall we?" He comes over to my right side, and takes my arm under his.

"We shall." I breathe out.

The doors have opened, and all the guests have turned around, to us. I spot Harry turning his head towards me. I glance at the people that have come for our wedding and smile at some. I bring my gaze back at Harry, biting back a grin.

When we arrive at the altar, my father hands me over to Harry, my future to be husband. A rush of excitement goes through my body, as that thought appears in my head. He is smartly dressed, in a black suit with a bowtie around his neck. His hair is nicely put somewhat in a quiff, looking as graceful as ever.

"You're beautiful." He says with a hushed voice.

"You don't look that bad yourself." I purse my lips.

- - - - - - - - -

"I do." Harry says not breaking eye contact.

"I do."

"Mummy, mummy, daddy is here!" A small voice interrupts my thoughts, breaking me away from the past.

"I'll be right there, sweety!" I call out to my three year old daughter, Lilly.

Getting up, another flashback replays in my head.

"Harry, I have something to tell you." I tell my husband, who's watching the ball drop in NYC, on television.

"The ball is gonna drop any second now, Elena, not now." His eyes stayed glued to the TV.

"But it's importa-" I attempt to tell him my-no, our great news, but he cuts me off.

"Can't it wait? This is also important." He shrugs me off.

"I mean it can wait for nine months." I emphasize the word nine, trying to indirectly say what I want to say.

He snaps his head towards me with wide eyes. "What do you mean nine months?"

"I'm pregnant." I shrug my shoulders with raised eyebrows, telling him the news simply.

Harry jumps off the sofa, rushing to my side, touching my belly instinctively. "Are you-are you serious?"

"Yea, I'm trying to tell you I'm pregnant, but I mean you can watch the ball drop." I say jokingly.