2.4

Harry's POV

"Well, it started on a weekend In may..."

Elena watches my every move with wide eyes as she holds my hand. I thought I could get off the hook without ever telling her, and I mean ever. It's something I don't want to affect our relationship in any way and personally, I'd rather not go back to that time.

Obviously, I expected us to get to that talk about past relationships, but I didn't think my turn to speak would be this soon. But, it is what it is and like she said, we need to be honest with each other.

"I was walking down the street, getting back from a music shop. I remember I bought the album by John Mayer. I was just walking and thinking, yes, I finally got it." I let out a chuckle.

"Then, as I was crossing the street, I saw some papers literally flying in the air and I heard a female voice saying nononono. I managed to grab the pieces of paper and I looked for the source of the voice. And I saw her. Her hair was all around the place because of the wind, she was wearing a band shirt and some jeans. At the moment I thought she was beautiful. Anyway, I gave her papers back and I noticed she was writing a journal. After a few questions here and there, we exchanged numbers."

I notice how Elena squeezes my hand even tighter and stares at me with this look. It's like she's waiting for something, I really don't know.

"We went on a few dates, I asked her to be my girlfriend and I was having the time of my life. She was perfect, almost too perfect."

"What happened? Why did you break up?" her voice is shaky and full of concern. It's amusing how she was straight up with me, she didn't run away after seeing that photo. She is simply amusing.

"Well" This is where the hard part comes. I let out a sigh and now I'm the on who squeezes her hand tightly.

"This one night, we were- we were fighting about something. I can't even remember what we were fighting about. All I know is that she said something about how could she ever love someone as dishonest as me and then she stormed off. She just took off. I was just sitting there thinking and I was like I can't let her just walk out on me."

I sigh and rub my eyes, feeling as they start filling up with tears.

"That night, it was raining really hard and she drove her car, and she-" I choke out a sob and fight the tears, but it doesn't matter as one rolls down my cheek. "A drunk driver passed a red light and hit her car. She was instantly gone."

Elena stares at me in shock and quickly pulls me in a hug. She wraps her arms tightly around my torso as I bury my head in her neck. I start sobbing and I hate that she has to see me at my breaking point.

"It's all my fault. If I hadn't had that fight with her, she wouldn't have walked out and gotten in the car and she would still be here." I mumble in her hair and she pulls away and caresses my cheek, getting rid of the tears streaming down my face.

"Look at me, it wasn't your fault, do you listen to me, it wasn't your fault." Now that I'm looking in her eyes, I can see they're getting teary.

"Nonono, please don't cry, I hate seeing you cry." I move my thumbs softly under her eyes as I notice her eyebrows are furrowed and her lips are pouty.

She takes a deep breath, closes her eyes and then reopens them. She whispers a little okay and wraps her hands around my neck.

I can feel that the tears has stopped and let out a sigh. I close my eyes and enjoy the feeling of her fingers playing with my hair.