2.0

Elena's POV

Harry left early in the morning, for the sake of both of us. We didn't want to repeat the same thing from a day ago. I was left alone in my bed, with excitement rushing through me whenever the thought of tonight popped in my head. I lean over to the nightstand, grabbing my phone. I check all my social media and it seems like two seconds later, its 1pm already.

While Harry was leaving this morning, he told me that he was going to pick me up at 8. That leaves me enough time to get ready. I take a deep breath as I stand up and wash my face and get dressed. I go downstairs to eat some brunch. I spot my mum near the cooker, probably cooking some lunch.

"Morning." "Morning, honey.", she smiles as I grab some food. I prepare my meal and glance at her. She seems happier, brighter, more at piece, since my dad and her divorced. It still hurts when I think about it. You would think that, your parents separating is an easy-forgettable thing, but its not at all. But, also, on the other hand, I'd rather live with my parents separated, than living in a home, that doesn't even feel like one.

I shake my thoughts as I decide to tell her about Harry. I tell her about the date as I silently chew on my food, and her reaction surprises me.

"That's great, Enna. I'm happy for you. It's good for you." She shots a grin at me as I look down at my food and slightly smile as well.

"Oh, and, next time Harry - was it - sleeps in your room, I'd like to know and meet him properly. I don't want strangers sleeping in my house." She winks at me before getting back to cooking. I blush in embarrassment as I nod at her.

"You'll meet him tonight, mum, don't worry. He's a great guy, and I really like him. So, be nice, please."

"When am I not nice?"

"Mum."

"Okay, okay." I continue to eat for a couple more minutes, until I finish and get back to my room. I lay on my bed and jump a little when I hear my phone go off. I see it's a text from Harry and smile.

"Be ready by 7.30, had to change the timing a bit. Sorry. Wear something casual. All the love, H. "

I check the time for the second time today and see its almost 2. I have enough time to do everything, so I decide to just relax a bit and take all in.

I lay down and stare at the ceiling. Scenes of Harry and I from a few months ago replay in my mind and I find myself laughing at some of things we've been through. Us meeting, us being friends, us ignoring each other, us having that big fight, us getting back to being friends again, to come all the way here – our first date. I hope it's not the last.

I snap out of my thoughts and listen to some music. Ed Sheeran's voice calms me down and I close my eyes as I hear nothing but the soft sound of the guitar.

I open my eyes and jump out of the bed as I realize that I had fallen asleep. I quickly check what the time is and release a sigh of relieve as I see its 5. I have time, okay, okay, okay. Trust me to fall asleep and nearly miss my date with the person I'm in love with.

Wait.

Love.

Am I in love with him? Love is like the big L-bomb and I remind myself that I have no time to think about that right now, seeing as I have so much to do in so little time.

I quickly go over to my closet and open it. I stare at the pieces of clothing for a long period of time. Harry told me to wear something casual, so that's what im going to wear. I choose my ripped skinny denim jeans and a nice floral top, to go with my floral vans. I feel satisfied with my outfit as I hop in the shower. After washing my hair and body, I blow dry my hair and straighten it. Then, I get dressed and examine my appearance in the mirror. I guess I look okay.

Mint | h.s.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara