1.5

Elena's POV

"We haven't talked about one important thing though." Aleisha asks me as we walk around the neighbourhood, just talking about anything and everything, really. One year is a hell lot longer than one would think it is.

I felt that this topic was coming up, it was like a ticking bomb waiting for its time to blow up.

"What is it?" I was playing the dumb card, its easier this way.

"Come on, you know what Im talking about.. Have you met anyone new after Marcus?" she looks at me with a sympathetic glow in her eyes.

I sigh and start talking and talking about Harry. He was a big part in my life. Still is. He just thought it was better to walk away and be happy. That's what anyone would do in his place. Anyone would choose a happy, out-going, pretty person like Bella, over me. I'm nothing compared to her.

At least, in his eyes.

I explain everything to her from day one till today, or should I say, a week ago, when Harry cut whatever we had and chose to get out of my life. It sounds so unrealistic when I think about it out loud. I would have never thought that Harry and I would go though all we did, just to end as close as strangers.

When I finish talking, I glance at her to see her mouth wide open and a confused, but very shocked and angry expression on her face.

"All of that happened in only three months?" I nod as she tries to wrap it up in her mind.

"Do you have anything to say?" I ask her with an edge in my tone, Aleisha can be kind of uneasy with anything that is related with my "love" life.

"First of all, youre really dumb."

"Oh, gee, thanks. I should've known that sooner." Sarcasm flows through my tongue.

She rolls her eyes and carries on. "Second of all, I need to see this kid, so I can kick his balls, because no one is allowed to hurt my Enna boo like that."

"But he really didn't do anything wrong I mean im basically the bit-"

"No, shuh. Hes the jerk, okay? He cant just leave you like that hanging by a simple text message. He knows what happened to you and yet he-"

"He doesn't know anything, Ashy."

"- does that what does- WAIT what?"

"He doesn't know anything.." I look at the ground as I wait for her to speak.

"You didn't tell him?" she starts raising her voice and I try to hush her down.

"I couldn't tell my life story to a guy I knew only a couple of weeks." I explain my reasons and can feel the anger start going through me.

"No, I get it, really. I understand you." She answers in a calm and understanding voice. I guess she really did change and I couldn't be more happy about it.

"Thanks." I smile sweetly as she changes the topic and starts talking about some show shes currently obsessing over.

I was half listening and half thinking about Harry. I feel like this happens over and over and over again. But something tells me that this time, Harry and I wont get to piece that easily. As we were walking, we pass by the bakery and I glance at it. I take a double look as I spot two familiar figures sitting outside, chatting, laughing. He has his hand across her shoulders, as he talks to her. She laughs and that causes him to grin widely. My eyes are glued to them and I cant look away.

"Stefan is so hot, but so is Damon, and to be honest I can really relate- why did you stop walking?"

"That's Harry and Bella." I point at them casually not caring if they saw me. We were like across the street they have no chance in seeing us.

She puts a hand on my shoulder, comforting me. "Come on, lets move."

Its as if he knew I was there, he glances around and looks across, directly at me. I feel like im frozen, I cannot move. At that moment, while holding his gaze I was sure, more than anything in the world, that I had serious feelings towards that guy with the messy brown hair and pretty green eyes. After a couple of moments, which seemed like couple of centuries, I finally break the gaze and start to walk again.

Aleisha sends me a half-smile, that I return with a nod, like saying that Ill be fine.

But, when I glanced back, and saw them laughing together, I knew that fine was going to be the least thing I was going to be. In a long time.