0.9

Elena's POV

The past few weeks were hectic. Chaotic. Messy. Very messy. I have been thinking, a lot, about everything, about my decisions, my mistakes. I have been thinking about Jack and I. This thing we're in, isn't what I exactly was thinking it would be. I expected it to be passionate, adventurous, sweet, risky, I expected it to have an edge. And it actually is calm, just calm. Just plain nice.

And it's not like I am blaming Jack for it though. He is being the boyfriend everyone would kill for. He brings me flowers, showers me with compliments, kisses and hugs, sends me cute texts at any time of the day and night, he's doing everything a great boyfriend does.

But for some reason, it's just not enough for me. And I don't know why.

I know that deep down I do know the answer to that question, but refuse to say it out loud. I've already accepted it and got over it.

On the other hand, I haven't heard from Harry since the fight we had that night. And I somewhat understand him. He has the right to be mad at me, and to stay away from me. He most probably thinks I'm a liar and a betrayer, which I am.

People say it's bad timing, some say it just wasn't meant to be. And some say that if it was meant to be then it would it all turn out well in the end.

But I say that that everything happens for a reason and I believe that I got into a relationship with Jack for a reason. Harry and I didn't happen for a reason.

At least that's what I make myself think so I don't beat myself up every day over the mistake I made.

It's too late now anyways.

As I was saying, things with Jack aren't going as smoothly as I thought. I'm not talking about fights, even though they happen too. I just thought that for a relationship to work, there has to be that spark that would make the thing keep going.

But, that spark isn't here.

I've read in books that when you touch your love partner, you should feel that spark. When you kiss that person, you should be able to feel that spark fly throughout your whole body. When that person is around you, you should feel your heart pick up its pace. And for last, when that person is away from you, you should feel like you couldn't breathe, walk, live without them.

I felt that spark when Harry kissed me. I felt everything those books told me I should feel. A spark shouldn't define love but that spark is the closest thing we have to explain as to what love is. At least in my view.

These past few weeks were also spent by me thinking about what could I do to improve or add this spark to Jack and mines relationship.

I tried with a lot of different things, like running together, - which was really dumb- then climbing up high places together, making out together and so many other things.

The lack of comfort also started to kick in when Jack started acting weird after our two month anniversary.

Maybe it was me that caused it with my weird experiments. There are higj chances that it was me who caused it. Of course it was me. I mean who wouldn't get weirded out when someone tells them in the middle of watching a musical that they want to run around the neighborhood.

I think I'm just going to stop with the failed attempts of bettering my relationship. Who needs a spark anyway?

I hear my name being called and jump at the unexpected sound.

"Elena! Is there anyone out here with the name Elena?"

"Me, me , me!" I raise my hand and smile apologetically at the guy in front of me. He gives me my coffee and I thank him.

I'm currently on my way to class, so that's why I decided to buy some coffee, to freshen up. I was so drawn in my thoughts I lost count of time.

I rush out of the cafe, into the cold streets of this town. As I walk down on the pavement, I notice a familiar figure into my sight. I recognize those skinny jeans way too well.

Harry.

But he wasn't alone. Hand in hand, waking beside him, was the waitress from that time we went on breakfast. I don't even know how I remember her, or how they're together, but they are.

I keep walking, getting closer to them until he notices me, brushes past me and continues waking as if he doesn't know me.

I nod to myself, acknowledging the fact that there's no chance in us getting back to being friends.

I stop walking at the buzz of my phone. I see a text lighting the screen. It's Harry, of course.

"Two can play that game."

Wait, he thinks my relationship with Jack is a game? Is he serious?

He wants a game, he's gonna get it.

Let's see who can win at this game, Styles.

---------------------

a/n

vote, comment, share