0.5

Elena's POV

"3:15"

Just fourty-five minutes left of this stupid class. Don't get me wrong, I love what this uni offers and I enjoy taking the classes, but some teachers can be just really boring. I stare at one spot in the wall of the classroom and zone out. I think about that moment nights ago, when Harry's lips almost brushed against mine. Would things be different now if we kissed?

Of course they would. Just because some guy messed me up - really bad - once maybe twice okay three times does not mean that Harry is gonna do the same. Harry is different, yeah.

I would punch myself in the face right now if I could. I am the most stupid person in the world. Maybe it hasn't been that long since I've met Harry but he proved to me that he is a better person than Marcus ever was.

I am twenty years old, I deserve to have some fun and make reckless decisions like telling Harry right after this class that I like him. Yes, I'm gonna do it.

Don't come crying later.

Shut up.

And like I said Marcus and Harry are as different as black and white. Cam never opened the door for me, he never payed for my meal, he never did those little things. Harry is different.

I'm gonna do it-

"Mrs. O'Brien?" the teachers snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?"

"Will you please answer the question?" He asks me.

"Yes, sure. What was the question again?" I try to be as polite as ever and get myself out of this embarrassment.

"Be more careful in class next time. That's the answer you should've given me." I nod in response and try to focus on the lesson. I check the time again and see its 3:56.

Well that went pretty quick. Who said that daydreaming was bad?

The bell finally rings and I get out of the room as fast as possible.

I'm usually the one who has self-confidence like Inow. If you ask me, I'm a pretty shy person. It has ruined couple of hundred opportunities in my life. That's why I want to switch it up a bit. I want for once in my life to feel confident and set things straight with a guy.

I take the bus and go to Harry's place. There's a ten minute walk from the bus station to his house, but my fast steps make it a two minute one.

I arrive at his porch and just stop for a second and think about what I am going to say. I can't be like "hey Harry you know what I like you", no I can't do that.

I take a minute to compose myself and my thoughts. I'm gonna do this. I don't know how or why but I have a feeling that he really is different. I take a deep breath and raise my hand to knock on the door.

I hear shuffling and laughter on the other side of the door. There are some distant voices and soon enough steps that keep getting closer to the place where I'm standing.

The door opens and the sight in front of me makes me feel like life slapped me in the face.

A girl with wet hair, dressed in yoga pants and huge-sized T-shirt stares back at me.

"Hi, do you need something?" She asks me politely with a smile on her face.

Thoughts run through my head as I try to wrap my mind around this, whatever it is.

"Yea, um is Harry here?" I breathe heavily.

"He is currently getting dressed upstairs.. Do you wanna wait in the living room?" she asks.

That good feeling I had, self confidence, the intuition that Harry was a great guy. Scratch that, just scratch it all.

"No, no.. Doesn't even matter. I'll just go now." I gulp down, attempting to get out of here as soon as possible.

"Do you wanna leave him a message?"

"No, thanks."

I turn around, try to focus on my breathing and put a hand above my heart. I really don't need nor want passing out on the streets. Breathe, just breathe. I blink to stop the tears from falling, but I don't succeed.

As I'm stumbling through the streets with tear stained cheeks, I wonder why me? Why I am the one that always gets screwed over? I'm as sad as mad right now and all I wanna do is eat and sleep. But life apparently has something else up its sleeve.

"Are these yours?"

----------------------------

a/n

vote, comment, share

-emily