1.2

Elena's POV

The only sound that can be heard is our steady breathing. I'm examining Harry's face and looking for some sort of reaction or just anything from him, when all he does is stare at the cup of tea in front of him.

He clears his throat and looks up. I'm caught staring at him which causes my cheeks to fill with redness.

"Do you have anything to say?" I ask him.

"Well... I think you already know but I do have a girlfriend and she makes me very happy."

I feel like my heart has been grabbed and ripped out of my body.

I gulp and nod.

"But, after everything that happened", he sighs, "I was thinking a lot and I came to a conclusion that..."

"I just want my friend back, that's it." I spit it out, with sincerity in my voice, hoping we can look past everything and carry on being friends like we used to.

Just friends.

"You didn't let me finish." he dryly chuckles. "I'd be more than glad to remain your friend." he smiles.

It feels like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I grin widely and nod.

"I guess I'm gonna go now, but thanks for the tea and everything, Harry." I stand up and he follows. I open the door and turn around. I see him looking at me.

"Bye, Enna."

It feels so good to hear him say my nickname again.

I smile and slightly wave.

I guess time really heals everything. I smile as I walk at the fact that I right now can literally call Harry and tell him about my day like always. Life just seems better now.

It really did kind of sting when he told me that he's happy with his girlfriend though. But I have no right to say anything, because he deserves it. Plus, Jack and I are happy too. I guess everything falls in its place again.

Then, why do I feel an empty hole in my heart when the picture of Harry and her comes into my mind. I shake off my thoughts as I walk back home.

I'm back at the same spot I was a few hours ago, in my room looking for something to do.

The idea of surprising Jack at work crosses my mind a couple times. I decide to grab some lunch and visit him.

I arrive at his work place and ask the 'secretary' - they call her that even though she's just a girl who shows people where to go, long story- where he is.

"Oh, Jack left work just a little bit over an hour ago." She says while typing on her keyboard.

"Oh... did he." Confusion and shock. That's what I'm feeling. He said he was busy with work, yet he left work early and didn't even call me. Weird.

He must be tired and that's why he left.

"Okay, thanks." I smile politely and walk out. I take the bus and go straight to his place.

I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, signaling me that something isn't right.

It's probably my paranoia messing with my head. I shake my thoughts and use the spare key Jack gave me a month ago, to open the door.

Once I step foot inside, I stop immediately.

Moans, panting and groans echo all over his appartment. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion and disgust.