0.8

Elena's POV

"You had a good night, I'm guessing?"

I turn around faster than ever, startled.

I spot Harry a few meters away, standing with his hands in his pocket and a smirk - which was more evil than friendly- visible on his face.

I put a hand on my chest and try to breathe properly.

"You scared the crap out of me." I try to catch my breath.

"Aw, Elena, don't be afraid of me." his smirk was still there. The tone of his voice gives away that he isn't up for a chit chat and jokes.

"What are you doing here, Harry?" I cross my arms across my chest.

"You didn't answer my question."

"What?"

"I asked you if you had a good time?"

I realized that he has seen me in the car with Jack. "That's not any of your business."

"Oh, but it is."

"Okay, what are you talking about?" I am really confused now. Who the hell does he think he is? "Who do you think you are showing up at my house at," I look at the watch on my left wrist, " midnight and telling me that my private life is your business?" I voice my thoughts.

"Well-"

"No, I'm not finished." I feel this urge to say everything that I have kept bottled up for a week. "You try to kiss me, I reject you. You get close with me, and do all these things, and then go and run off with someone just because I didn't want a relationship."

"Wait wha-" He interrupts me but I cut him off.

"I was about to tell you something really important and then I see this girl with nothing but a-"

"Wait." he says in his deep voice, with furrowed brows.

"What?" I repeat that word for the hundredth time that night.

"When did you come to my house?" He has confusion written all over his face.

"Monday. Why does that even matter?"

He starts laughing.

Laughing.

"Wow, you're laughing uh, great Harry. You've clearly gone mad. Why are you even laughing? I'm trying to tell you something really serious here and you're taking this as a joke. What are-"

"-my cousin." he cuts me off.

"Your cousin what?" I ask as I didn't catch what he said because I was rambling.

"The girl you saw is my cousin."

I stare blankly ahead of me, attempting to figure out what's going on.

"The girl that opened the door with my sweater on, messy hair?" he smiles.

"Yea....?"

"It's my cousin. She was visiting cause I haven't seen her in a few months. It was raining when she was walking from the bus station to my house so she was literally dripping wet. I lent her my clothes and that's why she had wet hair. I was showering when you had come by. She did tell me about a girl visiting me but I thought it was one of the old owners of the house. She called to tell me that she forgot some of her stuff and that she would come by to get them. But obviously she didn't and I thought that she was you." he purses his lips in one thin line as he finished explaining.