1.0

Harry's POV

That last fight with Elena was the last straw.

I have tried and tried and tried to break her walls down, but I didn't actually notice that I was getting hurt by doing that.

I noticed something different about Elena from the first time I laid eyes on her. Her light brown hair, her red cheeks from the cold, the way she was trying not to slip and fall on the ice. Her steps, the way she walked, the way her eye brows were furrowed in concentration, the way she held her hands half way up to keep her balance.

Every single thing about her intrigued me. And at that time I didn't even know her name.

When her body landed on the cold ice, it was me that was falling, for her, and when she looked into my eyes, I swear I could my breathing stop.

I wanted to know her name so desperately for some reason. And when she said it, it was like everything made sense.

Elena is the perfect name for her, I tried to think of names that suit her, but I've come with none. And when I met her, it was like I found something I was never even looking for.

Love.

------

the night when they had the fight

That wasn't the reason I went there at all.

I noticed Elena and that-i-don't-even-know-what-his-name-is-but-I-don't-really-give-a-damn went on a date. I was going to a gift shop that is located near Elena's house, when I saw them. I couldn't remember the last time I felt such anger flow through my veins. I just wanted her to answer me a question or two. That's why sat back on a nearby bench, waiting for them to get back, while I was simply doing nothing.

Some may say that was creepy, but in my view, no harm was done.

When I spotted the car I began to come near them, and then, my world may has stopped for a second or two or five. The image of them kissing is still vivid in my mind, making my insides twist and turn with jealousy. I should be the one feeling her lips on mine.

Either way, things happened, and here I am, arriving in my house, feeling like my head is going to explode, fisting my hands to the point the colour of my skin turns white. I throw everything that comes into my sight, books, sheets, pillows, lamps.

My room is a mess right now, just like me.

I breathe heavily and sit on the bed. The one thing that hurts me the most is that she told me that she wasn't ready for anything, and there she is, running off with some guy. I bet he doesn't even know her favourite colour. I scoff at my thoughts. I wanted to know so much more about her, about her life, I wanted to actually get to know her, her interests, her dreams, her thoughts.

I guess I lost her, before I could even get a taste from her.

I spot a piece of paper on the floor with something scrabbled on it.

I grab it and try to straighten it, attempting to understand what it says. I recognize it as the number of the waitress from that bakery I went with Elena that one time. I start thinking about her, again, but shake my head. I need to forget about her, and fast. She clearly doesn't like me, she is with him now. I shouldn't care about her. I need to forget about her.

Before I can stop and think about what I'm doing, I grab my phone, dial the number written on the sheet of paper, and next thing I know is me getting to a club.

Shots, dancing, having fun, drowning out my thoughts is how the night is heading. The alcohol started to kick in as I find myself giggle and stumble through the club.

We dance some more as I put my hands on her waist and she puts hers around my neck. Bella – I found out her name when she arrived - comes closer to me and suddenly her face is blurred. I close, then open my eyes and stop.

"Elena?"

Elena is standing in front of me, wearing the same little black dress Bella was wearing only moments ago.

I shake my head and I see Bella standing in front of me with a confused expression.

"Who's Elena?"

"No one, no one. Let's carry on dancing" I don't even know what I'm saying, it's like I have no control of my actions.

One thing led to another, shot, after shot, song after song, and the next thing I remember is waking up in my bed but only, with a naked figure next to me.

Bella. Yup I remember her name, so that's ... something?

I groan and I feel my head throbbing with pain. I get up to get some painkillers, I shower and get dressed.

I've had a lot of meaningless one night stands in the past, for sure. But, now that I look at her laying in my bed, I can't help but feel regret.

Regret towards what? I don't know.

For the entire day, I'mjust talking to Bella and starting to get to know her.

She is nothing like that girl back at the bakery. It's like I've met two different people. This Bella is nice, talkative, funny. We play twenty questions, some board games and I find myself enjoying her presence.

People say 'Everything happens for a reason'. Maybe Elena was the reason I meet Bella. Maybe Bella is"it" for me. Maybe it wasn't Elena who was attracting me, but the idea of her.

Days, weeks, months pass and I'm in a relationship with Bella. It's like I didn't notice it happening, but also was at every step of it.

I haven't seen Elena for a long while and I think that was the right thing for both of us. Seeing her that day, when I was walking with Bella and she was rushing somewhere, made me rethink some decision there's no going back from. I also sent her a text with a reason. I simply wanted a reaction from her. I wanted to know if she really actually for the tiniest moment liked me. Because I remember our first and last kiss very well. She couldn't have kissed back for no reason. But, she didn't reply and that action answered all of my questions. I'm guessing she's happy with Jack now and chose to ignore me. This way I know that I didn't make a mistake when I asked Bella out. I find myself smiling at my own self. I think about everything that has recently happened and it's like the puzzle has been completed.

I like Bella.

-----------------------

a/n

vote, comment, share