2.9

Elena's POV

I slam the front door shut as I walk inside my home. I actually haven't been home home for a while now. Everything that happened with Harry and then Aleisha, it all happened at once, I haven't seen my mum or sister in a week.

My dad hasn't exactly been around, so I haven't seen him for who knows how long.

It was now around midnight, time surely does fly when you're spending it with Finn Harries. That guy is just something else.

The whole afternoon and evening was spent by laughing – not too loud though, cause Aleisha was still sleeping -, eating, talking about architecture and playing some stupid games he had on his phone.

A faded smile is still on my face as I walk towards the kitchen. I open the fridge and pull out a bottle of water. I quickly pour some of the water in a glass.

As I'm drinking it, I hear footsteps getting closer and closer. I turn around and spot no other but my lovely mother standing in the middle of the kitchen with a tired smile on her face.

"Hey, mum." I quietly say.

"Hey, honey." She replies in a soothing voice.

I pull her in a hug and sigh. There's not a better feeling than sharing a warm hug with your mum after a long day.

"I missed you." I mumble. She softly chuckles as she breaks away from the hug. My mum whispers an "I missed you too" and sits on one of the stools placed by the counter.

"Come, sit." She motions with her hands.

I walk over to the counter and sit on the stool next to her. I sip on my water from time to time with one of my elbow on the counter, supporting my head, with the glass of water in my other head. Her right hand softly squeezes my shoulder, a thing she's always done to me and my sister. It's like saying 'I know you're tired and I'm gonna try to soothe your pain in your shoulders I know you're feeling', without using any words.

"What's been going on? How're you?" she asks.

I sigh and shake my head as a smile appears on my face, remembering the events that happened in the past week or so.

I start telling her about Aleisha and Finn and Harry and our fight and the hospital. I throw detail after event after detail after event and I start to rant and I didn't know I had to get off my chest so much, until I do.

"Wait, why did you even fight in the first place?" she asks me while wearing a confused expression.

"Because he overheard me when I was talking on the phone with Aleisha."

She still has her eyebrows furrowed.

"All I was saying was 'Yea, I'll tell Harry just not now' and he heard it and he was just so pushy about finding out." I rub my forehead with my fingers.

"Harry was being pushy?" She emphasizes Harry and raises her brows.

"No, he wasn't pushy, he had every right." I look down in defeat. How is it that mums are always right? "I know I need to tell him about Marcus, because I know I act weird sometimes, and I know, but I just don't know how." I let out a frustrated sigh.

"You know how, for god's sake you love this boy."

"What?"

"You love him."

"I don't love him." False.

"Yea, you do love him." True.

"I don't know, okay?" The sincere look in my mum's eyes and the knowing smile on her face frustrates me because of how well she knows me.