1.7

Elena's POV

As soon as the words come out of my mouth, a cocky smirk appears on his face. That bastard hasn't changed one bit.

"I was expecting a more polite welcome than that, El." He leans in his sit as I stand more furious than I was three seconds ago.

"Don't fucking call me that."

"Aw, but you seemed to love when I called you that, El."

"I told you to not fucking call me that!" I raise my voice as I remind myself that I'm not going to fall back in his arms, not after everything. "What do you want? Why are you even here?"

"Well, I was back in town and I thought why not pay a visit to my dearest, dearest El."

"I want you out of here, now." I point to the door as I wait for him to get out.

"Now, now, Elena. Im not finished yet. Hey, remember Jack?" My mind becomes cloudy at the thought of him. "Well, you know when I first started thinking about my revenge-" I cut him off before he can continue.

"Revenge? REVENGE?! For what? For almost raping me, you fucking psycho? I want you out of my house!" Im screaming by now, but hell, I have good fucking reasons to do it.

"You didn't let me finish.As I was saying, I didn't quite think that you would jump into a relationship right away. But, you were an easy catch. Jack knew his ways and next thing I knew, i accomplished what I wanted."

My head starts spinning as I can't believe the words hes saying. My emotions are all over the place. So all of this, Jack, the dates, the laughs, it was all a big lie, created by the angel of my nightmare.

"Why would you make me want to go through that again? I just don't get it.." My voice cracks as tears blur my vision. I try to get rid of the headache that seems to appear because of this whole mess. I look up and see his eyes change into a darker shade of blue. I start backing away as he walks towards me.

"Why? I'll tell you why. I wanted you to feel the same way I felt when I said I loved you and you didn't say it back the first time. I wanted you to feel the way I felt when I wanted you to be mine, but you rejected me. I wanted you to feel the way I felt when you ran away from me, and all I needed at that time was you."

The sadness from a couple of minutes ago is replaced by such anger, I think I can break this house down if I want to.

"If that's what you call you telling me you loved me when I didn't even properly know you, if that's what you call almost raping me, if that's what you call me running away from you in self-defense, then youre really sick in the mind. Why did I even date you?" I shake my head and rub my face, this is really too much for me right now.

Something flashes across his eyes- hurt? Regret? Guilt? – but its gone as fast as it came.

Memories from a year and a half ago run through my mind as I breathe heavily. Im staring at him and hes staring at me. I look around only to be met by those blue eyes, that I fell in love with. I start chuckling at myself as I think about how messed up I really am. I loved him, he hurt me and I still am mesmerized by his eyes. Marcus looks at me weirdly as confusion consumes him now.

"You know what, Marcus?" He holds his gaze with mine. "I fell in love with you. And then, you were the one that hurt me, okay? And I will never be able to forgive you for doing that. Why cant you just let me be happy? Just forget about me."

"Don't you get it?"

"Get what?" Im already tired of this back and forth, I just want to sleep and do nothing.

"I still love you, El. All I ever did was because I loved you. I wanted you to be all mine. All I did with Jack, was because I love you. You know, the plan in the first place was for Jack to get together with you, and me as a close friend of his, to start getting near you. I just wanted you back. But, the dickhead Jack had to ruin it all. I swear, El, all I wanted was to be close to you again."

This conversation has taken so many turns, Im afraid I'm losing my mind. The words coming out of his mouth seem so unbelievable. But, he says them with so much honesty In his eyes, that I have no other option, but to believe him.

I smile lightly at him as a few tears spill out of my eyes.

"I hope you know that what you tried to do to me, at that party, was the worst thing that ever happened in my life. But, my mum always taught me that every one, even the most terrible person, deserves a second chance. So, I take my words back and I forgive you. I hope you find someone that will love you the way you are."

He gulps and opens his mouth and then closes it. He does that until he blurts out the words that I thought I would never hear.

"Im sorry, El. I really am. To be honest, I'm glad that I stopped by here. You really have that effect on me, you turn me into a softie." He chuckles as I think of all those other times hes said the same thing. "Thank you, El. And again, I really am sorry. I never deserved you. I hope you find someone that truly deserves you."

I smile and give him a hug. He still wears the same cologne, his hugs are still tight, until you cant breathe. He hasn't changed. But, I have, and that's why when he leaves, my heart doesn't ache this time.

I sit down on the sofa and think of the past thirty minutes. I would have never guessed that this was how my summer break would start. I was about to get comfortable when I heard the door open and close. It must be my mum coming back early from work. My assumptions are once again wrong when I hear that stupid, but beautiful voice of his.

"Who was that?"

I turn around and Im met with the eyes of the one and only Harry.

"Why are you here?" I seem to repeat that question quite a lot today.

"Who was that?" he repeats himself.

"Long story, why are you here?" I have no energy to explain and plus, why would I tell him my life story.

"I wanted to talk to you, if it's possible." By now im standing in front of him, going through my options again.

"Okay, go ahead. But first of all why are you here when you were the one who stopped talking to me? Why all of this now? Just tell me." I need answers and I need them now. First Marcus, now Harry. What is up with everyone today. I was hoping to have a really chill day at home, not this. However, the answer that he gives me, startles me even more.

"I broke up with Bella."