3.1

Elena's POV

"And he just zones out in the middle of the speech." I burst in laughter for the god knows what time that hour. I glance at my left, only to see Harry clutching his stomach with his eyes shut, his giggles filling the room.

I wipe underneath my eye, in order to get rid of the tears that started dwelling from laughing so much. Harry was right, Louis certainly is one of the funniest people I've ever met.

Rewinding to this morning, Harry was too nervous to meet up with friends after a while alone, so he asked me to come with him. After an hour of 'what if they don't like me' and 'I don't wanna intrude', he convinced me that it will all go alright. Even though, when I thought harder, how could he know that it was going to turn out okay if he had asked for my help in the first place?

Huh. I guess we balance each other without noticing it.

Niall had texted Harry that we were gonna meet up in this cafe slash restaurant place that was pretty popular in the neighborhood.

I've got to say, I can see why Harry is friends with these people. Niall seems like a pretty spontaneous guy, but now I know why Harry is the closest with him. This boy wears his heart on his sleeve. Louis has made me laugh a good one thousand times in the past hour, and as I recall the story Harry has told me, I see this lad as he prankster of the group. So that's where Harry got his pranks on me! Damn. On the other hand, Liam is the sweetest and most kind person. He was the first to introduce himself when we arrived. But, still as I see him fistbump with Louis after they embarrassed Niall, I conclude he has a few jokes up his sleeve too.

"Guys, do you wanna come over to our place now? Watch a movie or something?" Niall suggests when the laughter dies down.

"What do you mean your place?" I turn to Harry as he asks them.

They share a few silent glances between each other as if their eyes were the main source of communication.

"Uh, that's why we asked you to come here in the first place, Harry." Louis says in a quiet tone. He fumbles with the sleeves of his denim jacket before running his palms against his skinny jeans. He locks gaze with Niall as the blonde-haired boy nods at him.

"Harry," my boyfriend nods. Anticipation starts running through my veins as I silently pray everything turns out well. I think back to a few hours ago when Harry promised me that all is going to be okay, and somehow that recent memory brings my heart back to its normal pace.

"Well?" I can sense Harry's patience level going down as I notice his right leg go up and down at a face pace.

Louis looks Harry dead in the eye wearing a serious expression. "I was kind of getting this weird feeling, like even as a youngster. Okay, I'm gonna be straight up with you. Oh, how ironic, straight up." He mumbles the last part as a nervous smile washes over his face. "Niall and I are in love with each other and we got married a few months after you moved out." He sighs and slops his shoulders, as a sign of relief.

I look over at Harry who now has furrowed eyebrows, more confused than ever. "What?" he hushes. Harry looks glances at Niall, then Louis, then back at Niall.

The silence is unbearable, and it lasts for a while. I don't know these guys, but I think Harry would've mentioned if there was some chemistry going on between Niall and Louis.

Suddenly, Louis bursts out laughing and a few seconds later, Niall and Liam do too. A smile starts creeping on Harry's face, while I'm sitting here trying to understand what the hell is going on.