0.4

Elena's POV

My alarm wakes me up from my peaceful sleep and I mentally curse when I think of all the work I have to do today.

It's Monday... oh joy.

I decide to stay in bed just for a little longer. I glance at my bedside table and spot my phone. I check all my social media and suddenly see a text popping on the top of the screen. I open it and see it's from Harry. A smile creeps on my face without me even noticing.

"Good morning, my dear friend." with a simple roll of my eyes I carry on reading the text. " Breakfast at Silbo at 9?"I chuckle at the offer and text him back saying yes.

Yes, Harry is attractive. Yes, I wanted him to kiss me. Do I want to get in a relationship now? No.

But he seems like the perfect boyfriend, don't you wanna be finally treated like you've always wanted to?

The voice in my mind messes with me sometimes. Literally.

No, no, no, no and no. Harry is just my friend and that's all he's ever going to be to me. Everyone says that they're different and we all know what I got from that last time.

Anything but good that's for sure.

I check the time and see its 8:02. I hop in the shower and change into my black skinny jeans, a black T-shirt and a red flannel. I put on some light make up and style my hair into a messy bun.

My black vans are on my feet by the time I stop to look in the mirror. Well this is as good as it's gonna get. Plus it's Monday, everyone has a free pass on Monday.

I check the time for the second time and see its 8:46. I grab my books and materials I need for the classes today and place them into a bag.

It's a bit sunny today but still very chilly so I decide to just go with the coat.

I head out of home not bothering to say anything to anyone because no one is actually home. My sister is in school and my parents at work. That reminds me of my parents' divorce and I feel myself getting sad at the thought of it. I shake my thoughts and try to get at the bakery Harry and I are meeting on time.

I open the door of the bakery and search through the many faces to find Harry.

I spot a mop of dark curls and go up to him.

"Hey." I put my hand on his shoulders in order for him to turn around.

He does turn around but I'm confused by the sight of him.

That's not Harry.

I hear a familiar laugh a few tables away from the one I'm at right now and I turn my head to find the source of it.

I shake my head as I spot Harry with a dark green beanie on his head, a white t shirt and brown jacket, his infamous skinny jeans with a hole in the knees laughing his butt off at me.

I blush in embarrassment and apologise to the guy I mistook Harry for.

As I'm getting closer to Harry I mutter some cursing words under my breathe while Harry tries to settle his laugher down.

"I thought I was special enough for you to recognize me in a crowd, Elena."

He says.

"Okay you need to shut up and never bring this up again." I say as I take off my coat and sit down.

We sit directly across one other and I look up at him to see him smiling at me.

"Just stop laughing please." I say as he starts laughing uncontrollably again. I end up laughing as well and can't help but notice how his eyes shut when he laughs, how these cute crinkles appear by his eyes and how his dimples are so deep, maybe deeper than the Pacific itself.

We stop laughing after ten minutes and a waitress comes to ask for our orders.

I order chocolate pancakes with strawberries and a cup of coffee and Harry gets himself a waffle portion. We make small talk while we wait for our meals.

I notice how the waitress' gaze lingers at Harry while setting his plate down, winking at him and swinging her hips more as she walks away. I roll my eyes at her attitude and Harry stares at me blankly.

"She was literally asking you to make out with her right now." I tell him.

"Aw is little Elena here getting jealous?" He asks me in a baby voice. I send him a stern look and he puts his hands up in defense.

He picks up a little piece of paper and looks in the direction the waitress walked away a few minutes ago. He directs the paper at me so that I can look at it. She gave him his number. Of fucking course.

He begins to wiggle his eyebrows."You're disgusting." I say.

"Aw I love you too." He replies.

"Are you done with that? I have to get to class."

"Yeah, yeah just let me pay for this." He says in a rushed voice.

"No, no, no, no, no." I shake my head rapidly " I'm paying for myself."

"No, I am paying for the breakfast. I invited you right?" He emphasizes the I.

"Okay, okay, thank you." I smile at him not wanting to argue over something as dumb as that.

"Alright we're good to go." He leaves the money on the table as I put on my coat. He opens the door for me and smiles cheekily at me. I shake my head but mutter a 'thanks'.

Just as I start to say bye he stops me.

"Uh where do you think you're going?" he has a confused look on his face.

"Uni, where did you think I was going?" I answer in a tone matching his. What the hell does this kid want.

"No, I know. But you won't walk all the way there I'll drive you." He motions to his black car which is a few feet away from where we're standing.

I contemplate on whether to accept or decline his offer. First the breakfast, then the door, now the drive. This is starting to look like a date and I don't want that.

"You don't exactly have a choice here. Get in the car, Enna, I'll drive you." He snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, so now I'm Enna?" I raise my eyebrows and smile as I start to walk in the direction of his car, seeing as I have no other option but let him drive me to Uni. I was already late, oh well.

"If you don't wanna be called Enna by some reason I -"

"I'm just joking." I smile at his terrified face. "I like it." He smiles sweetly at me and starts the car.

We make some more small talk in the car with the radio playing the same hits over and over again in the background. He stops at the front door of the building and I turn to give him a hug.

"Thanks Harry." I mutter while holding him.

"Anytime." He replies as I break away from the hug and get out of the car. He flashes me one last grin before I get out of the car.

I walk towards the entrance and open the door. As I turn around to close it, I see Harry's car still staying in the same place and waiting for me to get in. I smile and shake my head as I close it.

I run up the stairs and can't help but feel a good unsettling feeling in my stomach.

But, no, I don't like Harry. I think.

--------------------------

a/n

i know this may not be the best, but it will get better

vote, comment, share

-emily