A New Side

"Hmmm, a very great mind you have here- very selfless, yet you have enough bravery to stand up for your beliefs...very intelligent- but mostly common sense..but you do have wisdom, and not to mention very independent."a voice rang through my head making me jump.

I heard people laughing from a table, making me slightly angry.

"Ooh, you also have a temper...but you can't be in slytherin since a slytherin would respect family tradition- and you my dear, have broken your families tradition by being here,"the sorting hat said,"but you can't deny your cunning and ambitious mind."

My bum began to hurt because of the seat, and I noticed the hat was taking long.

"But your bravery is strong as well, you did risk your life earlier in the month...Now which one? Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw....well I've made up my mind...SLYTHERIN!"The hat shouted , and it was taken off my head the Slytherin table cheered with might.

Although confused, I smiled and went to sit at the table, having to be seated besides a white-blond boy,"Hello, I'm Elizabeth."

"Malfoy, Draco Malfoy."He introduced himself, with a soft smirk,"the sorting hat took quite a while to place you. Was he stuck between houses?"

"He couldn't decide between all of them, I'm actually quite suprised he picked Slytherin."I admitted to him.

"This Crabbe and Goyle, stick with us."Draco told me, and I nodded with a soft smile and we turned our attention to Ron Weasley who was called to be sorted.

"A blood traitor, we all know where he's going."A girl sneered in front of me.

"Blood traitor?"I asked Draco confused,"Ron seemed nice on the train."

"He meddles with muggles, and mudbloods. No pureblood should even go near a muggles borns, you should know that."He told me and I nodded and frowned when he turned.
I wasn't welcomed in this house was i?

"GRYFFINDOR!"the hat yelled, and the table cheered and I went to clap but I noted nobody was in my table so I decided not to.

"Where are you from, Elizabeth?"the girl asked me," I'm Pansy by the way."

"Nice to meet you, and I'm from Surrey,  it's a quiet place."I told her, and she seemed confused.

"A muggle community? Why would you want to live with muggles?"she questioned.

I didn't know what to say so I just shrugged,"I really don't get to decide."

"Leave her alone, Pansy."Draco defened me,"you lived in a muggle community last year, you told me so on the train."

Pansy shrugged and went quiet as they called out,"Harry Potter."

I sat up straight and everyone around me started whispering,"Harry Potter? The boy who lived? Is it really him?"

"Hopefully he gets sorted into Slytherin."I said to them.

"I agree, more publicity on our house,"An older Slytherin commented.

"Leave her alone, Gram. I'm Ally Miller, third year."A girl with Jet black hair and blue crystal eyes introduced herself to me.

"Elizabeth, but call me Eli,"I introduced myself to her and she smiled at me.
She seemed nicer than Pansy.

I look over at Harry who at the same time looked over at me, I sent him a smile and he gave me a nervous one, just as he did the sorting Hat yelled,"Gryffindor!"

My smile faded and worry took over me. I was going to be on my own. He gave me a look as if to say we'll speak later and went to his cheering table.