The Big Night

The next morning I was awaken to Harry shaking me awake,"Come on you need to shower, you smell."

"Speak for yourself."I muttered turning around covering my head with the covers,"Eli!"

I groaned and threw them off,"fine."

I took a quick shower and when I got out I gave Harry a dirty look, kicking him out of the room for having used all the hot water that was left, and proceeded to change.

I had changed into that same dress I wore on my first day in diagon alley and brushed my short hair to perfection. I rushed downstairs when I could already hear Hedwig screech after me, I guess she's hungry.

"Everyday that bloody bird awakes me at midnight! I could've sworn it had tried to leave the house last night with all that racket."I felt myself get cold and froze,did he know I snuck out last night?

I shrugged, if he did I wouldn't care, I walked down the stair with confidence and walked into the kitchen once again as every morning I wasn't even acknowledged by anyone but Harry.

He smiled at me and I sat down next to him, I was given a small bowl of oatmeal and strawberries by my mother and a cup of water,"Thank you."

She didn't say a word, and sat down to eat, as I ate the oatmeal, Dudley had already scarfed down his food,"I want more bacon."

"There's more in the frying pan sweetums."My mother said with a loving smile to my brother,"We must build you up while we got the chance...I don't like the sound of that school food."

I gave Harry a look as I ate a spoonful of my oatmeal and rolled my eyes, why he needed was to eat healthy food.

Dudley turned to Harry,"Pass the frying pan."

"You've forgotten the magic word."I told Dudley as I passed him the pan but the simple sentence practically mortified my family, Dudley gasped falling off the chair onto his bum causing the kitchen to shake, my mother screamed covering her mouth,and my father jumped up and pulled my hair back to him making me drop the pan in pain,"Ah! I Meant 'please'!"I said quickly, before things escalated,"I didn't mean-"

"WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU?!"He yelled in my face pulling me towards him, I hissed at the pain, his face was throbbing with anger, his veins peeked through his skin as his face turned red with anger,"WHAT HAVE I SAID ABOUT USING THE 'M' WORD IN MY HOUSE!?"

"But I-"I yelped as he pulled me off the chair by the hair and I grabbed his hand trying to pull him off.

"HOW DARE YOU THREATEN DUDLEY!"My father roared.

"I didn't! I just-"I felt his hand struck me across the face more than once and he grabbed my arms tightly.

"I WARNED YOU! I WILL NOT TOLERATE MENTION OF YOUR ABNORMALITY UNDER THIS ROOF! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?"I hissed at the pain in my arms and face,"Yes, sir."

He pushed me back, and I stumbled to catch my balance as he took deep breaths and sat down in his chair, I saw my purple faced mother helping Dudley up from the ground and a mortified Harry.

My father cleared his throat as I rubbed my arms sitting down on the chair once again keeping my head down, and having lost my appetite, Harry put his hand on my back as reassurance and a sorry for not stepping in,"Now, as we all know today is an important day."

I looked up with a glint of hope in my eyes, there's no way they remembered Harry's birthday.

"This could well be the day I make the biggest deal of my life."

My body went cold, how could forget about that stupid dinner? He'd been talking nonstop about it for two weeks. I had to practice some stupid song for weeks on end to impress some rich old builder and his wife.