Winter Break

"Dursley!"

My head snapped up from the table, and I blinked sleepily,"I'm reading."

Professor Flitwick chuckled,"I would rather you listen."

I smiled with embarrassment, and leaned into Draco as he continued the lesson,"You couldn't have woken me up?"

"And mess with a sleeping wolf? Never."He shook his head.

"Ha Ha, you're hilarious."

The bell was due to ring at any moment,"Now that i have everyone's attention - I have something to say to you all."

Everyone in the class sat up, expecting a test date, but what we got was better.

"The Yule Ball is approaching - a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above - although you may invite a younger student if you wish -"

Pansy let out a shrill giggle. Daphne nudged her hard in the ribs, her face working furiously as she too fought not to giggle.

They both looked around at me making me throw them a friendly finger.

"Dress robes will be worn," Professor Flitwick continued, "and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day-"

"Christmas day?"I asked loudly."

"Yes, Christmas Day, Miss Dursley, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall. Now then The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to - er - let our hair down,"He seemed excited.

Pansy giggled harder than ever, with her hand pressed hard against her mouth to stifle the sound.

"But that does NOT mean," Professor Flitwick went on, "that we will be relaxing the standards of behavior we expect from Hogwarts students."

The bell rang, and there was the usual scuffle of activity as everyone packed their bags and swung them onto their shoulders.

"Well isn't that fun?"Pansy giggle as we made our way out of the classroom.

I rolled my eyes stepping back, Draco noticed,"What's wrong?"

"The full moon is on Christmas Eve."I muttered,"There's no Yuleball for me."

I had never known so many people to put their names down to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas. This year, however, everyone in the fourth year and above seemed to be staying, and they all seemed to be obsessed with the coming ball - or at least all the girls were.

Girls giggling and whispering in the corridors, girls shrieking with laughter as boys passed them, girls excitedly comparing notes on what they were going to wear on Christmas night....while I planned on how I was gonna try to not break out of the shrieking shack the night before.

"Oh come on, you have to admit it's a bit exciting."Ally nudged me as we sat in the great hall pondering over our homework.

"Not at all, it's annoying."I shook my head and Draco gave me a look,"You're not really gonna stay in and study, are you Eli?"

"Oh no she's not."Pansy slammed her hand on the table,"I will jinx every book and every quill to get you out of there. Have fun for once."

"A dance is not fun, it's lame."I sipped my tea.

"So you're not even gonna go to see your cousin open the yuleball with the traditional dance?"Blaise smirked.

I chocked on my tea laughing,"Harry? Dance? Pfft, now that's a sight."