Hogwarts Champion

As the next day was Saturday, most students would normally have breakfasted late, however, my roommates decided on waking me up early for breakfast.

I glared at them the entire way down, mind you I was biting my tongue.

When we went down into the entrance hall, I saw about twenty people milling around it, some of them eating toast, all examining the Goblet of Fire. It had been placed in the center of the hall on the stool that normally bore the Sorting Hat. A thin golden line had been traced on the floor, forming a circle ten feet around it in every direction.

"Anyone put their name in yet?" Flore asked a third-year girl eagerly.

"All the Durmstrang lot," she replied. "But I haven't seen anyone from Hogwarts yet."

"Bet some of them put it in last night after we'd all gone to bed," said ally. "I would've if it had been me...wouldn't have wanted everyone watching. What if the goblet just gobbed you right back out again?"

Someone laughed behind Us. Turning, I saw Fred, George, and Lee Jordan hurrying down the staircase, all three of them looking extremely excited.

I sighed and the girls motioned me to go knowing they were up to something stupid and I was the only one to stop it.

I walked over to the gryffindor table with an annoyed look on my face just as Fred whispered to harry, Ron and Hermione,"Done it," Fred said in a triumphant whisper,"Just taken it."

"What?" said Ron.

"The Aging Potion, dung brains," said Fred.

"One drop each," said George, rubbing his hands together with glee. "We only need to be a few months older."

"We're going to split the thousand Galleons between the three of us if one of us wins," said Lee, grinning broadly.

"well-"They turned with rather annoyed and horrified looks as I was towering over them,"If that bet is still in the air- and you know usually your plans go to shit if I don't agree- Twenty Galleons each if this fails."

"I'm not sure this is going to work, you know," said Hermione warningly. "I'm sure Dumbledore will have thought of this."

Fred, George, and Lee ignored her, and they laughed, shaking me my hand,"The winning plus twenty galleons for each of us- that'd be a dumb offer to decline."

"Ready?" Fred said to the other two, quivering with excitement. "C'mon, then - I'll go first -"

I sat on the table drinking my tea and sang,"it's not going to work."

George tapped my leg to watch as Fred pulled a slip of parchment out of his pocket bearing the words 'Fred Weasley - Hogwarts.'

Fred walked right up to the edge of the line and stood there, rocking on his toes like a diver preparing for a fifty-foot drop. Then, with the eyes of every person in the entrance hall upon him, he took a great breath and stepped over the line.

For a split second I thought it had worked and I lost 60 galleons- George certainly thought so, for he let out a yell of triumph and leapt after Fred - but next moment, there was a loud sizzling sound, and both twins were hurled out of the golden circle as though they had been thrown by an invisible shot-putter.

They landed painfully, ten feet away on the cold stone floor, and to add insult to injury, there was a loud popping noise, and both of them sprouted identical long white beards.

I spit my tea into my cup roaring with laugher, The entrance hall rang with laughter. Even Fred and George joined in, once they had gotten to their feet and taken a good look at each other's beards, but then anger took over them and they started shouting at each other.