Flourish and Blotts

Mrs. Weasley woke us all early the following Wednesday, we had spent hours outside, I had actually gotten the hand of flying, not so much Quidditch.

After a quick half a dozen bacon sandwiches each, I pulled on my green cardigan and slytherin scarf that went so well with my black dress and thights with a snake printed on the back of my legs, a gift from Blaise, I examined myself in the mirror brushing my hair ignoring the mirrors comments as I put on my hat, a gift from pansy, After I owled them about what happened with the house elf they sent me my birthday gifts and so many letters.

Mrs. Weasley took a flowerpot off the kitchen mantelpiece and peered inside.

"We're running low, Arthur," she sighed. "We'll have to buy some more today... Ah well, guests first! After you, Harry dear!"

And she offered him the flowerpot.

Harry stared at them all watching him, as I joined his side, infront of the twins, confused.

"W-what am I supposed to do?" he stammered.

"He's never traveled by Floo powder," said Ron suddenly. "Sorry, Harry, I forgot."

"Never?" said Mr. Weasley. "But how did you get to Diagon Alley to buy your school things last year?"

"I went on the Underground--"

"Really?" said Mr. Weasley eagerly. "Were there escapators ? How exactly--"

"Not now , Arthur," said Mrs. Weasley. "Floo powder's a lot quicker, dear, but goodness me, if you've never used it before--"

"He'll be all right, Mum," said Fred. "Harry, watch me first."

He took a pinch of glittering powder out of the flowerpot, stepped up to the fire, and threw the powder into the flames.

With a roar, the fire turned emerald green and rose higher than Fred, who stepped right into it, shouted, "Diagon Alley!" and vanished.

"You must speak clearly, dear," Mrs. Weasley told Harry as Percy dipped his hand into the flowerpot. "And be sure to get out at the right grate..."

"The right what?" said Harry nervously as the fire roared and whipped Percy out of sight, too.

"Well, there are an awful lot of wizard fires to choose from, you know, but as long as you've spoken clearly--"

"He'll be fine, Molly, don't fuss," said Mr. Weasley, helping himself to Floo powder too.

"But, dear, if he got lost, how would we ever explain to his aunt and uncle?"

"They wouldn't mind,"I muttered, "Dudley would think it was a brilliant joke if one of us got lost up a chimney, don't worry about that--"

"Well... all right... you go after Arthur," said Mrs. Weasley. "Now, when you get into the fire, say where you're going."

"And keep your elbows tucked in," Ron advised.

"And your eyes shut," said Mrs. Weasley. "The soot--"

"Don't fidget," said Ron. "Or you might well fall out of the wrong fireplace--"

"But don't panic and get out too early; wait until you see Fred and Percy."

I could see Harry trying hard to bear all this in mind, Harry took a pinch of Floo powder and walked to the edge of the fire. He took a deep breath, scattered the powder into the flames, and stepped forward; ; he opened his mouth and began coughing hysterically.

"D-Dia-gon alley," he coughed, and whipped out of sight.

"Wait. He didn't say that right did he?"I questioned George who assured me he'd be fine, I'm glad he stayed behind with me as I was shaking nervously.