Starting Point

Pansy finding out about me being a werewolf was probably worst than Draco's reaction.

Instead of wanting to help me get along with it, she wanted me to embrace it. She hid my sweaters from me wanting me to stop wearing them, and be more accepting of myself.

This morning she had Blaise, Draco and I out by the lake explaining everything we knew to her, as we tried finishing our homework and during charms we were sitting at the very back of the Charms class with a table to ourselves.

We were supposed to be practicing the opposite of the Summoning Charm today - the Banishing Charm.

Owing to the potential for nasty accidents when objects kept flying across the room. Professor Flitwick had given each student a stack of cushions on which to practice, the theory being that these wouldn't hurt anyone if they went off target. It was a good theory, but it wasn't working very well. Goyle's aim was so poor that he kept accidentally sending much heavier things flying across the room - Professor Flitwick, for instance, boy did I laugh so hard when Professor Flitwick went whizzing resignedly past us, landing on top of a large cabinet.

This class was an ideal cover for a private conversation for Pansy as everyone was having far too much fun to pay us any attention.

"So, that's why your hair is so long?"she whispered, as I watched with interest as Draco Banished a cushion with a sweep of his wand (it soared into the air and knocked Professor Flitwick off his feet).

I laughed,"yeah- oh god- it's a sort side effect- it shows how much of my humanity I lose- I guess- like my nails."

"Well, I find it weird- You wouldn't hurt a fly- actually no never mid I see it.," said pansy, waving her wand without paying much attention, so that her cushion did an odd sort of belly flop off the desk.

"Oi- I'm not that violent."I defended myself, as Crabbe's cushion spinning high into the air, ricocheting off the chandelier, and dropping heavily onto Flitwick's desk.

"Oh Eli," said Draco, shaking his head sceptically, "you're more violent than a Cornish pixie."

"Okay- maybe so, but I'm a nice person."I shook my head with a smile and I Banished my cushion and it flew across the room and landed in the box we were all supposed to be aiming at.

I smirked pleased with myself,"In your face, Purebloods."

"Well done, Miss Dursley!"Flitwick yelled over the chaos and laughter.

"Does it hurt?"Pansy asked for the tenth time.

"Oh no, you know you would think that when every bone in your body is cracking, expanding and shifting would hurt but it's nothing but a tiny pinch."I said sarcastically.
"Really?"
"No, you idiot- it hurts."I snapped.

"Do your parents know?"She suddenly asked.

"Ive been meaning to ask that too."said Blaise, accidentally sending a cushion soaring to Professor Flitwicks face.

"They know...I haven't seen them since we went to pick up Harry- they seemed mortified of me."I said sending another cushion zooming neatly into the box.

"I hate to imagine your fathers reaction."said Draco grimly, and his cushion, to his very great surprise, flew straight across the room and landed neatly on top of mine.

"I've played that scenario over and over again in my head."I said, darkly,"Never ends well."

I avoided harry in the halls and class at all costs, In fact, i spent most of my time with Draco, Blaise and Pansy regardless of her constant questions, I enjoyed opening up to them and getting to know them a bit more.