Dumbledore's Army

I felt happier for the rest of the weekend than I had all term. I spent much of Sunday catching up with homework, till I caught glimpse of the twins and Lee Jordan, then I proceeded to spend the rest of Sunday running around with them.

Knowing we were doing something to resist Umbridge and the Ministry and that was a key part of the rebellion, gave me a feeling of immense satisfaction, which kept me cheerful during Monday morning, despite the imminent prospect of all my oleast favourite classes.

Ally, Pansy, Daphne and I headed downstairs from my dormitory, discussing Graham's little brothers keeping me in as beater during Quidditch practice with Crabbe and Goyle and not until we were halfway across the common room did we notice the addition to the room that had already attracted the attention of a small group of people.

A large sign had been affixed to the Slytherin noticeboard, so large it covered everything else on it--the lists of secondhand spellbooks for sale, the regular reminders of school rules from Argus Filch, the Quidditch team training timetable, the offers to barter certain Chocolate Frog Cards for others, the latest ad for the sixth years 'Pick me up potions' if you know what that means, the dates of the Hogsmeade weekends and the lost and found notices.

The new sign was printed in large black letters and there was a highly official-looking seal at the bottom beside a neat and curly signature.

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

All student organisations, societies, teams, groups and clubs are henceforth disbanded.

An organisation, society, team, group or club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).

No student organisation, society, team, group or club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an organisation, society, team, group or club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

Signed: Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor

I scoffed reading the notice over the heads of some anxious-looking second-years spoke frantically,"Does this mean they're going to shut down the Gobstones Club?' one of them asked his friend.

"I reckon you'll be OK with Gobstones- least not in the common room,"I said darkly, making the second-year jump but sigh with relief.

The happiness that had filled me since Saturday was gone. My insides were once again pulsing with rage.

"This isn't a coincidence,"I muttered to myself as we proceeded out of the common room,"She can't do this- how else are we expected to even study together? Our friend group alone is more than just us four."I snapped angrily.

"She must think we're plotting something against her."Ally shrugged.

"Well I ought to."Daphne said scoffing,"I had a study date with that cute hufflepuff today."

"It was a group study."Astoria muttered as she walked past us making us laugh.

"What have I told you about eavesdropping! I'll make bats come out places that you'll wish you-"Astoria turned the corner not bothering to listen to her older sisters threat.

"Have I ever told you how much I love your sister?"I teased Daphne who pushed me with a scoff,"Who's side are you on?"

"The better one."I said simply with a wink before seeing Harry, Ron and Hermione chatting outside the entrance hall,"Save me a seat."