Slug Club

I met Pansy and Blaise in the common room before breakfast next morning.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I didn't see Draco,"Where's Draco?"

"He's still sleeping."Blaise shrugged, we went ahead to the great hall, talking about how our time tables would look this year.

The ceiling of the Great Hall was serenely blue and streaked with frail, wispy clouds, just like the squares of sky visible through the high mullioned windows. While we tucked into porridge and eggs and bacon, Blaise was talking about his plan for becoming an Auror, despite what his mother wished.

"She says it's a deadbeat job-"

"An auror is a deadbeat job? With the qualifications they ask for and how much they get paid- it's none of the sort."I scoffed.

"She says with a handsome face like mine- I should look into being a model."He sighed,"Though that's the easy way out, I want to do something a bit more....fun."

"You would be fighting dark wizards and things you know."Pansy said,"You'd get all type of injuries to your pretty face."

"Well- that's where Eli comes in, our healer."Blaise winked.

"Oh please- I appreciate your encouragement but I highly doubt I'll be getting near enough to a hospital to land a job."I scoffed.

"Not unless we can help you."Draco said sitting down besides me,"And we will."

"What could we do?"Pansy asked curiously.

"We've all got connections-"

"And there happens to be a certain professor here, that could get you into that program once again."Blaise smirked turning towards the staff table.

I looked to see Professor Slughorn who was chatting away with a disinterested professor flitwick.

"You think he has that type of power?"I scoffed.

"He has all sorts of connections."Theo said from besides Goyle,"He's a judgemental bloke, never truly liked him, but with a bit of persuasion and showing him what you have to offer...you can bend him in whatever way you wish."

I tilted my head,"Well...it sounds tempting."

After we had eaten, we remained in their places, awaiting Professor Snape's descent from the staff table. The distribution of class schedules was more complicated than usual this year, for Professor Snape needed first to confirm that everybody had achieved the necessary O. W. L. grades to continue with their chosen N. E. W. T. s.

Blaise was immediately cleared to continue with Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Herbology, and Potions, And shot off without a second thought.

Crabbe took longer to sort out; his round face was straight as Professor Snape looked down his application and then consulted his O. W. L. results.

"Herbology, fine,"he said. "Professor Sprout will be ....delighted to see you back with an 'A', Transfiguration a pitiful 'troll', same goes with Potions, and a dreadful 'Poor' for Defense against the dark arts isn't good enough to continue to N. E. W. T. level. Just don't think you'd be able to cope with the coursework. "

Crabbe hung his head. Professor Snape tapped a blank schedule with the tip of his wand and handed it, now carrying details of his new classes, to Crabbe.

Professor Snape turned next to Goyle who asked if The Centaur was teaching divination this year.

"He and Professor Trelawney are dividing classes between them this year," said Professor Snape, a hint of disapproval in his voice. "The sixth year is being taken by Professor Trelawney. "