Quidditch Season

The following two weeks, a glowing secret that supported me through Umbridge's classes and made it possible for me to smile blandly as I looked into her horrible bulging eyes.

The DA were resisting her under her very nose, doing the very thing she and the Ministry most feared, and whenever i was supposed to be reading Wilbert Slinkhard's book during her lessons I dwelled instead on satisfying memories of our most recent meetings, remembering how I had successfully disarmed the twins, how George had walked me down to the Slytherin common room after every meeting, how the twins and I set up traps to distract filch during our meetings successfully, how we had produced more Weasley Products and I got to design the packaging, spending hours where I should've been studying in their dorm drawing and making sure they didn't get hurt when they tested the products we made, they even let me make a small 'beauty line' as George calls it, of Hair color changing shampoo, face masks that give you boils, temporary acne relief, temporary weak love potions to trick your friends into revealing their feelings to their crush, (George and I forced Fred to test it and realized he was practically in love with Angelina- we had to stop him from leaving the room.) and etc.

It was almost impossible to fix a regular night of the week for the DA meetings, as we had to accommodate three separate: team's Quidditch practices, which were often rearranged due to bad weather conditions; I on the other hand missed the meeting or sneaked out of practice.

They thought it was sort of pointless to rearrange the meeting for just me, but George would often tell me what they did after quidditch, he would wait for me by the Dungeons, the same spot every time.

Hermione and I soon devised a very clever method of communicating the time and date of the next meeting to all the members in case we needed to change it at short notice, because it would look suspicious if people from different Houses were seen crossing the Great Hall to talk to each other too often. We gave each of the members of the DA a fake Galleon (Ron became very excited when he first saw the basket and was convinced we were actually giving out gold).

"You see the numerals around the edge of the coins?"Hermione said, holding one up for examination at the end of their fourth meeting.

The coin gleamed fat and yellow in the light from the torches. "On real Galleons that's just a serial number referring to the goblin who cast the coin. On these fake coins, though, the numbers will change to reflect the time and date of the next meeting."Hermione explained.

"The coins will grow hot when the date changes, so if you're carrying them in a pocket you'll be able to feel them. We take one each, and when Harry sets the date of the next meeting he'll change the numbers on his coin."I said to the group running my hands through the galleons.

"Because We've put a Protean Charm on them, they'll all change to mimic his."A blank silence greeted Hermione's words. She looked around at all the faces upturned to her, rather disconcerted.

"Well--we thought it was a good idea,"she said uncertainly, "I mean, even if Umbridge asked us to turn out our pockets, there's nothing fishy about carrying a Galleon, is there? But . . . well, if you don't want to use them--"

"You two can do a Protean Charm?"said Terry Boot.

"Yes,"said Hermione.

"But that's . . . that's NEWT standard, that is,"he said weakly looking between us.

"Oh,"said Hermione, trying to look modest. "Oh . . . well . . . yes, I suppose it is."

"How come you're not in Ravenclaw?"he demanded, staring at Hermione with something close to wonder. "With brains like yours?"

"Well, the Sorting Hat did seriously consider putting me in Ravenclaw during my Sorting,"said Hermione brightly, "but it decided on Gryffindor in the end."