I'm In Control

I opened my eyes to see the familiar ceiling of the hospital wing,"Harry."

Looked around at the empty hospital wing, and he was no where in sight, a loud distant howl filled my ears, and I looked toward the window at the full moon, he was out there.

My breathing became heavy and I yelled,"HARRY!"

"HARRY."I felt myself start to sob and I shot up, and yelled out in agony, as I fell to the ground.

In that second Madam Pomfrey rushed in along with Dumbledore.

They came to my side, Madam Pomfrey helped me to get back on the bed but I was frantic,"Wheres Harry? Where is he? He was going into the forest, with Lupin- god no."

I started to sob,"Please tell me he's okay."

She shushed me, and made me down a potion, I sputtered some of it out and she tutted,"I know, I know it hurts. But you must rest."

I felt myself become tired as she laid me down, I was sniffled as I cried, she had given me a dreamless potion, I looked out into the dark sky, feeling a tear sleep from my eye as I looked at the full moon.

*****

I blinked tiredly and Everything was slightly blurred. I was woozy, weak, and nauseous.

"Calm, are we?"Madam Pomfrey came to my side and I looked at her unsteadily.

"What happened?"I said drowsy as I tried to pick up my head from the pillow, but it was too heavy.

"You don't remember?"She questioned me.

"Mhm."I shook my head hugging the blanket to me,"I feel horrible."

"You've had some night."She sighed, as she stepped behind me hovering over me checking my injuries,"Professor Lupin..He-"

"He bit me."The memory came to mind, I gasped as she touched my injury,"I thought I died."

"You didn't."She assured me, and I looked up at her with shock.

"But this means-"

"Yes."She nodded with a soft sigh, she helped me sit up,"You're a werewolf, dear."

I held my head in my hands,"Oh.."

"These cuts...the scars, they won't fade."She told me, as she bandaged me up.

Just then a knock came at the door, and in came in Professor Lupin, he looked tired, and guilt was written across his face.

"Good Afternoon, Professor."I croaked with a polite smile, he came in and sat down besides me as Madam Pomfrey continued to aid to my injuries.

"I'm terribly sorry..I can assure you I feel extremely guilty for what I've cursed you with."He looked down a heavy look on his face,"There's nothing I can do to express how much of a monster I feel-"

"It wasn't in your control, Professor."I said truthfully, I didn't blame him. I couldn't.

"How's Harry?"I asked him immediately, as Professor Dumbledore and Snape walked in.

"He's well."He told me, and observed me as if in shock that I didn't yell at him,"He's in his dorm."

"Professor, M-my parents are muggles,"I told him,"I can't go back home like this- I don't know what I'll end up doing..I don't know how to...how do you-"

"That is why we've asked Professor Lupin, who's asked to resign, to take you and help you as your now legal guardian with your transitions over the summer..if you're willing to take up on the offer."Professor Dumbledore said to me his voice calm and gently as he spoke.