Sweet Lies

The news traveled very fast: apparently Moaning Myrtle had taken it upon herself to pop up in every bathroom in the castle to tell the story; Pansy had lost no time in vilifying Harry far and wide out anger, and Snape had told the staff precisely what had happened. Harry had to endure fifteen I'm sure highly unpleasant minutes in the company of Professor McGonagall, who according to Hermione had told him he was lucky not to have been expelled and that she supported wholeheartedly Snape's punishment of detention every Saturday until the end of term.

Hermione has come to visit me in the hospital wing when Draco was napping to tell me she had argued with Ginny and Harry in the back room as we both shared similar views on the whole situation.

"So he's alright?"Hermione asked kindly.

"Thank you for asking, and yeah he'll be alright, I've been tending to him myself..."I said looking at his sleeping figure through the open crack on the door.

"You must really care for him."Hermione said understandably,"Harry said you were mortified."

"I thought he was gonna die..."I said softly.

"You were afraid you were gonna have to relive the pain you felt with Cedric, am I right?"She asked softly.

I looked down,"It would've broken me completely, even more so because.... I know Harry didn't mean to hurt him... but I don't think I would've been able to forgive him."

She patted my arm after a long silence,"I've got to get going, I'll see you later yeah? For breakfast or something?"

"Maybe."I nodded and led her towards the exit of the Hospital Wing, when I came back to Draco was wide awake waiting for me,"What was she doing here?"

"Came to check up on me on Harry's accord since I haven't been speaking to or seen by anyone."I told him truthfully sitting down besides him grabbing his hand,"How are you feeling?"

"A bit dizzy, and thirsty."He smacked his lips and dramatically made it seem as if he couldn't reach the glass of water besides him.

I laughed rolling my eyes handing him the glass,"You're dramatic...well it was pretty bad."

"You were bawling."He teased,"Your eyes are still puffy."

"I thought my best friend was gonna die; it's rational to cry, and so did you."I nudged his leg softly, he looked down seeming in deep thought.

I put my hand on his arm making him look up at me,"I'm glad you're okay, Draco...I'm sorry I was helpless and I'm even more sorry that Harry did this to you... I know you both hate each other... but I never truly thought it would come down to this."

"I'm so sorry."He said softly putting his hand over mine,"I wish I could've been a better friend to you... you're honestly my only real friend..."

"No I'm not."I said blinking away my tears,"You have a bunch of friends."

"No i don't- you do."He said factually,"They wouldn't even had bothered with me if it wasn't for you and you can deny it all you want but it's true."

I shook my head refusing to agree with him.

"Thank you for staying by my side."He told me, caressing my hand,"I'm gonna be totally honest with you...If I would've died then... I think it would've been okay; because my best friend... stayed with me till the very end."

"Shut up, don't say that,"I said my heartstring pulling at themselves,"you're alive, you're fine."

"Are you gonna cry again?"Draco smiled,"Boo-hoo, Dracoooo"

"You're one to talk with all the sentimental speeches you've given me in the past five hours alone."I nudged him softly.

"You literally started sobbing when I woke up- Madam Pomfrey had to give you a flaming potion."He tried to laugh but hissed at the pain in his jaw, I had been able to make the scar disappear but he was still sore, I motioned for him to massage it as I had taught him.