Breaking into Gringotts

Our plans were made and the preparations were complete; in the smallest bedroom a single long, coarse black hair (plucked from the sweater Hermione had been wearing at Malfoy Manor) lay curled in a small glass phial on the mantelpiece.

"And you'll be using her actual wand,"I said, nodding towards the walnut wand, "so I reckon you'll be pretty convincing."

Hermione looked frightened that the wand might sting or bite her as she picked it up.

"I hate that thing," she said in a low voice. "I really hate it. It feels all wrong, it doesn't work properly for me... It's like a bit of her."

"It'll probably help you get in character, though," said Ron. "think what that wand's done!"

"But that's my point!" said Hermione. "This is the wand that tortured Neville's mum and dad,  it tortured Eli and who knows how many other people? This is the wand that killed Sirius!"

"It hurt like bitch."I said unknowingly, I shook my head,"Sorry."

"I miss my wand," Hermione said miserably. "I wish Mr. Ollivander could have made me another one too."

Mr. Ollivander had sent Luna a new wand that morning. She was out on the back lawn at that moment, testing its capabilities in the late afternoon sun. Dean, who had lost his wand to the Snatchers, was watching rather gloomily.

I looked at my own surprised for mine to have found itself in my hand; I had thought it had been gone for good, I looked down at the hawthorn wand in Harry's hands that had once belonged to Draco Malfoy. He hadn't had any issues with the wand- it worked for him as well as Hermione's and mine had done.

The door of the bedroom opened and Griphook entered. Harry reached instinctively for the hilt of the sword and drew it close to him, but regretted his action at once. The goblin had noticed. Seeking to gloss over the sticky moment, he said, "We've just been checking the last-minute stuff, Griphook. We've told Bill and Fleur we're leaving tomorrow, and we've told them not to get up to see us off."

I had been firm on this point, because Hermione would need to transform in Bellatrix before we left, and the less that Bill and Fleur knew or suspected about what we were about to do, the better. We had also explained that we would not be returning. As Harry, Ron, and Hermione had lost Perkin's old tent on the night that the Snatcher's caught them, Bill had lent us another one. It was now packed inside the beaded bag, which, I was impressed to learn, Hermione had protected from the Snatchers by the simple expedient of stuffing it down her sock, she said she had been carrying my bag within hers since I had been snatched as well.

I would miss Bill, Fleur, Luna, and even Dean, not to mention the home comforts we had enjoyed over the last few weeks. I was using my wand to cut my hair to a bearable length when there was a knock on my bedroom door. I looked around confused as Bill came into my room,"What's wrong?"

"I wanted to make one last attempt to get you to tell me what's going on- I can help. What is Harry up to?"Bill said to me closing the door behind him.

"I can't, Bill."I said shaking my head,"I promised Harry."

He nodded knowing I wouldn't Budge,"I'm sorry I had to ask... I know you probably don't want to hear that question anymore."

I tilted my head,"Not really."

"Something seems to be bothering you.."He said concerned.

"I..I just miss George."I said truthfully.

"I would've taken his offer to bring him here but-"

"It's not safe."I shook my head,"but thank you for allowing us to exchange letters. I think he'll be upset I'm leaving again- he chewed my head off for not telling him about the Manor- he banned Malfoys from Weasleys Wizard Wheezes."