40. Glimmer of Hope

Ginny POV
I am okay. Harry is okay. Draco is okay. Asti is okay. Blaise is okay. Hermione is.. No. Go through it again Ginny. I am okay. Harry is okay. Draco is okay...

I looked over at a sleeping Harry. He had dribble on his chin and a peaceful expression. God how I loved him. He was being so strong for me, how was he holding together so well? I traced his features and he came to, pulling me closer as he did so.

He mumbled incoherently and fluttered open his eyes. "Uhm G-Gin how long have you been awake?"
"I'm yet to sleep."
"Oh baby, please stop worrying."
"I'm not worrying, I'm just..."
"Ginny stay with me okay, we're all safe and we're all okay." He looked conflicted and took in a breath as if to say more, then shook his head slightly.
"What is it?" I asked quietly, my fingers becoming still.
"I wasn't going to tell you this, but I think you need some hope, and maybe it will help you sleep."
"Hope would be good right now in all honesty." I replied.

"Hermione might still be alive. It's a long story and I will explain it to you but I gave her a potion after seeing into Draco's future dreams and I think she should be okay."
I was silent. If this was a joke or a dream, then God was a sadist and he wanted to tear my heart out. "Harry.. Are you being serious?"
"Yes Ginny. We might see our Hermione sooner than we think."
"But.. How?! When?! Why!!" I said, the volume of my voice increasing with each word.
"I'll explain, but just know that there is an extremely strong chance because Draco isn't dead. If Draco was dead, we'd have no hope because a veela dies if their mate dies. But Draco is okay, and therefore I think we will be back with her soon."

I let out a giant sigh and tears fell down my face. I wrapped my arms tightly around Harry and breathed. It was like a massive weight had lifted. Suddenly I felt shattered. I yawned.

"Okay you're extremely tired. Go to sleep my love. Oh just remember. Draco cannot know. I will explain the rest in the early morning. I love you"

But I was fast asleep.