13. Heritage

Draco's POV

UGH. No way is Astoria becoming friends with Granger. Absolutely no way! Blaise and I sped to the Slytherin common room, running into a frustrated looking Astoria.

"Draco! Blaise! What are you doing here?" she asked worriedly looking at each of our faces.

"Looking for you. Surely Granger is lying about your sleepover?" I drawled, crossing my arms across my chest.

"No, Mia and I are best friends!" I noticed the nickname and saw Blaise brighten up beside me. What is going on?

"Oh it's Mia now is it? Why are you friends with that filth Asti!"

"Yes it's Mia. Hermione is intelligent and good and I say it shouldn't matter who her parents are!" Blaise noticeably cringed at this, and I turned around facing him. "And you, all you seem to do lately is wince and cringe. you've barely said two words to me, Zabini!"

"I've got a lot on my mind." He muttered, turning away and walking straight into Pansy.

"Blaise-what the f-oh er hi." She looked shaken and nervous and just not herself overall. "Um Asti, Hermione needs help..."

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?" She screamed, making me jump. "NOTHING, I JUST- got a little out of hand" I noticed she whispered the last bit and stared at Blaise in confusion. "For gods sake, just COME WITH ME!" She dragged Blaise and Asti with her, leaving me to follow behind. I was determined to find out what was happening.

We arrived at the dorms, and Hermione was sat on the floor, clutching her head. I growled and flew at Pansy. "WHAT DID YOU DO?" I could see the tear tracks and blood stains covering her face and something in me made me want to kill Pansy right there. What on earth was happening?! Blaise and Astoria started healing her and I turned back to Pansy glaring at her to speak.

"I just... it just happened okay! One minute I was screaming at Astoria for being friends with filth, the next moment, I stupefied Hermione and was screaming at her for making me lose Astoria. Then I saw the blood drip down her head, and realised that her blood isn't any different to ours. IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME DRACO! I was so confused and then she kept saying she wasn't a mudblood, so I asked her how that was ever possible, and she told me to ask Blaise! So I went to find Asti to heal her and he was with you so... Now I can get my answer! BLAISE." She walked up to him. "Tell me why Hermione isn't a mudblood!"

He stiffened, and then I understood that something was going on between them. I was his best friend and he hadn't told me!

"Yeah there's something I need to tell you guys... But I can't without Hermione. She needs to be here when I do." He sighed. From everything I knew about Blaise, I could tell he was upset about this confrontation and decided I would be on his side.

"Tell us tomorrow then? I think Granger needs her sleep."

"No- actually Hermione and I, with some people, are going to Hogsmeade tomorrow for her birthday." Astoria stuttered looking ashamed

"And I'm um busy on Sunday. It can't be put off sorry mate, so Monday? Everyone meet here at... 4:30. Just before dinner starts." I sensed his hesitation to tell us his plans but I had his back anyway.

"Alright, so Monday it is."

I lifted Granger up and took her to her bedroom, surprising everyone. She was really light actually, and I could feel her toned and curvy body. I pushed that thought out of my head and pulled the covers over her. She'd probably wake soon. Astoria followed in, along with Pansy and Ginny. (Who had walked in at some point and got Blaise to explain.) Pansy asked Ginny if she could stay to make sure Hermione was alright, and Ginny said yes as long as Pansy promised not to be horrible to Hermione.