9. Piggy-back bonding

Hermione's POV

I heard the room of requirement door shut, and I glanced up quickly to check who it was. Blaise. I put my head down and wiped away the tears, trying to remove any evidence of the break down I had just had. When he saw my head down he walked over slowly and touched my shoulder. I looked up.

"Oh... Gr-Hermione" he stumbled, looking sad. "I'm so sorry, if you hadn't found out about us then you wouldn't be here right now" he wiped away the last free tear and I jumped into his arms, feeling oddly comforted by him.

"Hey it's okay, at least if we're both in the same house then we can get to know each other better..."

I gave him a weak smile but laughed sharply.

"Thank Merlin I'm head girl, the new dorm will come in handy. I swear if I enter the Slytherin common room I'll be murdered?" I replied sarcastically, one last tear dripping.

He scratched his neck. "Look if it makes you feel better, I've always wanted a little sister or brother... And before you say it, we may be twins, even though you cannot tell at all! But I was born first, so there!" He stuck his tongue out and I giggled. "She smiles! But yeah as I was saying, I'll look after you, I promise" he grinned and I couldn't help but nudge my shoulder on his and grin back.

We spoke for ages, getting to know each other a lot better. When suddenly he mentioned both of the boys I had tried desperately to forget.

"So Draco told me that he thinks Weasley broke up with you?" He questioned looking into my eyes. I stared right back blankly knowing I physically couldn't cry anymore. "Yeah. it was over the summer..." I proceeded to tell him a short version as he grimaced at the obvious hurt in my voice. "Sorry Mia but he's not worth it, you're too good for him" he said simply, hugging me. "Don't you think it's crazy how we just instantly clicked? I mean I've known you properly for what feels like 5 minutes and already I trust you more than anyone!" He blushed and I grinned telling him I trusted him too. "By the way, what do you want for our birthday?" In noticing my shock, he quickly winked and said " what?! I've missed enough of them already, I'm not going to continue!" I told him to surprise me and then excused myself to clean up.

It was then that I had an idea... I put a dis-allusionment charm on myself and changed my appearance to a black haired, green eyed Slytherin (like Andrea) and waited until he got worried enough to look for me. Soon enough, he entered the bathroom, calling my name. "Mia? MIAAAA? Are you okay? Hermione. I swear if you don't answer me, I'm coming in! I quietly chuckled as he barged open the door blinking in confusion. I had levitated myself and was saying the reverse spell, making sure I was just above him.

Gracefully I landed on his shoulders and he shrieked. He got his wand out and swung me around to his front and then stared wide eyed as he looked at me. "Mother?"

It was that, that got me giggling. I removed the charm and winked at him, and he laughed and as I was preparing to jump down, swung back onto his back. Like the big kids we were, he then began running around with me piggy-backing him whilst he made horse and car noises. I screamed in laughter as he did so, pulling his ears to steer him this way and that.

Suddenly he lost his footing and hit into the room of requirement door, he toppled onto me and we burst out in fits of laughter and remained there for a second, until we saw someone staring at us.

It was none other than Draco Malfoy.