37. Knowledgeable Albus

Harry's POV

Albus Dumbledore peered over his portrait with knowing eyes. Mcgonnagall nodded once at him and he left his portrait- the other former headmasters leaving at once.

Professor Mcgonnagall began chanting under her breath with her index and middle fingers of each hand on hermione's temples.

"W-what are you do-oing?" Draco sobbed.

"Quiet Mr Malfoy." Mcgonnagall snapped. Draco flinched and started to protect Hermione. The professor swiftly waved her wand and he froze immediately.

"Professor!" I shouted, running to Draco to grab his arm.

"It's quite alright Mr Potter- he is simply frozen and deaf for the moment. It must be this way so I can talk to you properly. Now. I trust you gave her the potion?" She glanced up at me, tears glistening in her eyes.

"Yes, of course. Everything should have gone to plan. It... It has worked, right?"

I stammered, looking down at Hermione as I moved to hold her hand in mine.

"We can only hope. You must listen carefully Mr Potter." She took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Albus told me there are slight possibilities, as with everything, that this may not work. There is a possibility that Miss Granger will not awaken ever again." I nodded, one test escaping from my eyes. I rubbed it away roughly and nodded again for her to continue.

Her eyes softened and she placed a hand on my shoulder. "You have been an incredible friend and brother to Miss Granger, and there is still hope Mr Potter. Anyway." She took another deep breath, and continued. "The potion will take 12 hours to wear off, so at the strike of 10 this morning, you must make Mr Malfoy kiss Miss Granger. There is no other way. As Albus used to say, true love and the love of a family can save someone from even the greatest curse of them all."

"And it has to be 10?" I asked, glancing at Draco.

"No earlier, no later. I'm sorry that you must go through even more turmoil even after Voldemort was defeated, but we must try for Hermione's sake."

"Of course professor! I'll do whatever it takes." I replied enthusiastically, squeezing Hermione's hand.

"Hermione must stay here, where she is safe. Bring Mr Malfoy here at 10 tomorrow. Do not fail." Something caught her eye as she glanced up where Albus had been. "Albus?"

"Terribly sorry to interrupt Harry, but there is an issue you may want to see to, regarding your lovely Fiancé..." Dumbledore replied in a grave voice.

Mcgonnagall gasped and I spun round. "What is it? Where is she? What's wrong?!"

"She is in the Head's common room. You must go immediately." He replied, his eyes softening. "Before you go Harry, do see that Mr Malfoy is awakened and calmed. Take him back to the common room also. Use him to help you with Ginny. You may find that a grieving person is exactly what you need."

I waved my wand at Draco and grabbed his arm. "COME ON I NEED YOU NOW." Draco was too stunned to argue and was dragged along in a sprint all the way to the Head's dorm.