7. Related sneers

Draco's POV

Granger had walked into the head carriage and I inwardly groaned. If that damned headmistress was expecting me to be civil with her, she have to snap my wand and dissect my mouth off of my face. I quite enjoyed teasing Granger. After all, I may not be pure, (I mentally rolled my eyes at this) but she was the equivalent to shit on my shoe.

It was then that I noticed her hair and her eyes. Her hair was tinged blonde, and her eyes had a hint of green in them. I secretly looked her up and down, and I noticed her robes fit her perfectly, and she had really developed over the past year or so... She looked... Kinda hot? SHIT what am I thinking?! She's filth. Bloody mudblood. I mentally slapped myself, and concentrated on her insults.

Replying half heartedly we insulted each other until McGonagall arrived. I had the satisfaction of the shock on her face when I told her of my position, but for some reason I felt a pang of annoyance and her lack of belief in my intelligence. I was actually second smartest in the year, falling behind only to her. Irriatingly though, I had also given Granger the satisfaction of seeing me wince and cringe at her mention of my dark mark and being a death eater.

Contrary to popular belief, I had not wanted to kill Dumbledore, nor did I want this ugly black shit on my arm. It was Lucius' fault. I sneered at Granger and focused in on McGonagall.

"Good afternoon Ms Granger, Mr Malfoy" I cringed at my surname... Anything that connected me to... Him had that effect on me. " I assume you know why you're here?" I nodded once, and flicked my eyes to the mudblood sat awkwardly close next to me.

"Professor, surely there has been a mistake, I-" "No Ms Za-Granger, there has not been a mistake, he is head boy." She tripped over her name... Why was that? Za was no where near to Gra? I raised my eyebrows as I watched her eyes grow wide and cringe... It had effected her too, what was going on?

"Each year we pick the two most outstanding students-" I smirked. "to become head boy and girl. It just so happens to be you and Mr Malfoy this year, Ms Granger. Each year, both heads are expected to arrange at least two balls, winter and summer, patrol the school, control the prefects, and...
Share a dormitory." I had stared blankly at the wall until this moment.

Annoyingly enough, Granger and I both jumped up shouting WHAT at the same time, then frowning, and then stepping away from each other in sync. We then both went on to rant about reasons why we couldn't. Mine involving the words filth and mudblood and hers involving blonde ferret and cockroach. The headmistress smirked at this, and I glared angrily at each of them.

"I cannot- no WILL NOT share a dormitory with this FILTH PROFESSOR!" I was seething and she motioned for both of us to sit and we did unwillingly.

"I can understand your discontentment Mr Malfoy and Ms Granger but it is tradition. It is also tradition that you bring another student each into the quarters. You may choose whom, and then be excused for the rest of the journey."

Again, we spoke at the same time, me saying Zabini and Granger saying the Weaslette's name- Genny was it? Ginry? Eh I don't care...And with that, we left.

"Malfoy, let's get one thing straight. We are going to be civil to each other this year, or so help me, I will hex you into an oblivion." She pressed her wand up against my neck and glared at me. A waft of vanilla and apples hit me as her hair moved in the breeze. I stared into her eyes and sniffed slightly, enjoying the tingling feeling I was receiving in my mouth and the delightful smell of her. The green flecks captured me and rendered me motionless, and all I could do was stare.

She jabbed her wand into my neck harder and it broke my trance. Even through my terror at her threat (she is after all brilliant at charms and hexes) I kept my famous smirk on and said "Deal Granger. But don't. Expect us to be friends. Ever."

"Wasn't going to" and she sneered so brilliantly, it could have rivalled mine.

To my annoyance, Blaise chose that very moment to walk past and voice those exact thoughts. "Damn Granger, that was a good sneer- could've thought you were related to Malfoy just then!"

I heard Grangers sharp intake of breath at the word related and Blaise flinched slightly as he said it.

I could practically sense both of them mentally shaking themselves as they awkwardly past each other without another word. What exactly was going on here? I strutted off to tell Blaise the dorm news, glancing back at Granger to see the deep frown on her face as she bit her lip. I walked on.