19. Draco

Draco's POV

Thank Merlin it is saturday. I know for a fact everyone will have killer hangovers today. I left the bed earlier to get some pepper-up potions for everyone in our dorms.

I got back just to see Hermione tossing in my bed. She sat up quickly and searched the room for me, but relaxed obviously when she saw me.
"Morning beautiful."
"Ah morning.. my head. Kills."
"Yeah me too, but I brought you a present." I handed her the potion and then as she looked at me in confusion, I kissed her head and then moved to her mouth. I revelled in the trust she was giving me, and loved her all the more. Yeah. I love Hermione Mia fricking Granger Zabini.

We carried on kissing, and somehow Mia ended up on top of me. It was getting really heated and I could feel my fangs make themselves known and I wanted, no needed to feel her skin in my mouth, where my fangs would make her mine forever. But no- I couldn't. I had to take it slow. Be sure that she loved me as much as I love her. I pulled away and she blushed, reaching for my face to continue.

"As much as I want to... I can't. It's getting too heated and I don't want to do something I'll regret." I pointed to my fangs and my dilated eyes which had snapped down and expanded.

"You have to bite me when you mark me, don't you?" She asked timidly.
"Yeah. It marks your skin with something that can only be seen by veelas and their mates."
"Will it ah hurt?"
"I expect so. But I'll be there with you all the while Mia."
"Really?"
"Of course. I will stick by your side for however long you want me there."
"Um Draco... I will be your mate. But I'm not ready for the marking yet. It's supposed to be sexual and intense."
"Are you a virgin, Mia?"
"No. I lost it with Krum one summer before the war. I regret not waiting."
Krum... damn it I have a lot to live up to.
"I trust you Draco, but I need to know I won't regret it this time, so I'm not ready yet."
"I understand Mia. It's why I stopped. I didn't know you weren't a Virgin, but I will never push you into anything."

"Thank you Draco." She kissed me, and within that kiss, I could sense the promise of her words and our future and I smiled one of the most genuine smiles I have ever made in my life.

********one week later************

Hermione's POV

Draco had gone to sort out patrols with some prefects, so I took a walk to the black lake and sat on the bench, where I started to read. His face kept interrupting my thoughts. Draco and I had grown a lot stronger in the past week and I could now understand how deeply I was falling. His eyes and his nature provoked an impulse I couldn't resist. I only hesitated when someone came behind me and tapped me on the shoulder.
Draco.
I turned around and he asked if he could sit down. I nodded and he sat.
"Er... Granger." I frowned at the change of name but let him continue. "I don't think this is working between us. I'm breaking up with you."
I stared at him. "This is a joke right? I'm your mate, surely you can just do this to me?!"
"You're not my friend. I hate you. Always have, always will. It was just a joke."

Tears began to stream down my face. "What?" I asked, ignoring the free falling water. "I don't like you." I stood up, and then ran away, towards the gryffindor common room.
I had been so STUPID!

"HARRY" I shouted and raced through the porthole. I rammed myself into him in a huge hug and cried hard. Ginny summoned Blaise and he came. I told them what had just happened. I cried and cried and cried. But then Draco walked through the porthole. He stared at me and then collapsed onto his knees. "MIA! What happened?!" He shrieked.
"GET OUT YOU BASTARD. HOW DARE YOU HURT HER LIKE THAT!" Ginny screamed, aiming her wand.
"I DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT!"
"YOU BROKE UP WITH HER! HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW. STOP BEING SUCH A BLITHERING IDIOT AND GET OUT"
"Wait. What? I didn't break up with you Mia... I was with the prefects! What's going on! I would never hurt you like that!"

I stepped forward. "I-You broke up with me. I wouldn't just imagine that Malfoy. You told me the veela thing was just complete shit for a joke, and then said you never even liked me. I was... falling in love with you. HOW CAN I BE SO STUPID? IM IN LOVE WITH A MALFOY. OF COURSE MY HEART WAS GOING TO GET BROKEN!"

But then Draco walked through. Wait... a second draco? what was going on...

"Oh shit." Said the second Draco.