17. Dates

Draco's POV

Blaise and I were in our room, getting dressed. I put on a deep blue smart jumper, and some cream chinos, with a light blue button down shirt beneath and some fancy Italian shoes. Blaise had on equally smart clothes. I turned to Blaise and asked him if he wanted some food before we went and he said yes, so I left to tickle the pear and ask the house elves. I passed a lot of gasping and giggling at the girl's door, and smiled to myself. I walked on, humming slowly under my breath with my hands in my pockets, until I walked into someone. I hit the floor and looked up to see the culprit. I sneered and picked myself when I saw who it was...

Weasley.

"Ugh. What do you want, Weaselbee?" I brushed my shoulder off and crossed my arms, my right hand lightly clenching my wand.
"Where are you going ferret, all dressed up?"
I smirked. "With Granger, on a date."
His face went red and I barked a laugh. Brilliant he was as jealous as could be.
"Why would Hermione want to go on a date with YOU?" He shouted and I sniggered.
"Because she's going to fall in love with me." His face went even redder.

Well it wasn't a lie...

And then he punched me. I staggered back and grabbed my cheek where he'd socked me. Oh he didn't know what was coming for him. That little-! UGH. I pulled my wand out and sent a jelly legs curse his way and walked off back to my dorm, hoping to merlin that I wouldn't run into Hermione before I could heal this.

I walked straight into our room and Blaise immediately knew something was up before he had even seen my cheek.
"Where's the food?"
"Mate can you heal this bruise for me?"
"Yeah, er what the hell happened?"
"Weasley punched me. Didn't hurt all that much- my veela must be getting stronger because of Hermione."
"Why'd he do that? What did you say?"
"Just where I was going all dressed up and with whom... Might have mentioned how Mia was gonna to fall in love with me along the way, mind."
Blaise laughed. "That may not have been the best idea mate- if Hermione finds out, she'll probably murder Weasley and sock you one of her punches- bet they hurt more than his do!"

"Yeah let's not take the chance, just heal me alright?"
"Yeah about that, I can only heal some of the swelling and put a disallusionment charm on it mate, if you want it healed, you better go to Pomfrey quickly."
"Ahh just do that then. How long till our date?" I wiggled my eyebrows at him. He laughed and replied 10 minutes. I smiled and he healed me. I'd be with Mia soon.

Harry's POV

I walked up to the head's common room and Ginny and the girls answered. They all looked incredibly stunning, but there was only one my eyes were on.
"Wow. You all look gorgeous, but Ginny... Oh just wow. You look absolutely stunning."
She smiled and her eyes glistened with happy tears. She pulled her dress up slightly and waved to Hermione and Astoria. I hugged Mia and kissed her cheek.
"If Draco and Blaise don't appreciate how beautiful you both look, they don't deserve you." I hugged Asti and she grinned.
"Oh I'm pretty sure they will!" Ginny said from beside me. I smiled down at her and offered my arm. She took it and we bid them good evenings. "I'll see you at games night!"

Little did she know, tonight would hopefully be one of the best nights of her life.

Hermione's POV

"Oh Asti... how perfect do Ginny and Harry look together! They deserve their little piece of forever after all they've been through!"

"Hey, you'll get yours too! Just you wait!" she replied, and I smiled at her gratefully. We fixed our hair and waited for a tap on the door. When it came, I was bubbling with excitement.

Blaise's POV

*knock knock*
I could hear Mia faintly telling Asti it was me, and I braced myself for their reactions. Asti opened the door, and my jaw... Literally dropped. She was dressed in a white laced dress that made her look like a goddess. And she was my goddess.

I closed my mouth and offered my arm. She took it, blushing slightly. I smiled and whispered in her ear that she look amazing.

"Thank you" she replied
I raised my eyebrows at Draco and he nodded slightly. We would all meet at Hogsmeade.

Draco's POV

Hermione came to the door.
My heart beat twice fold.
My eyes widened and she smiled.
"You look... absolutely stunning Mia. Drop dead beautiful." I said, astonished. I'd become accustomed to her fitted robes and wavy bright hair, but this was a new side of her that I hadn't seen before and it basically melted me.

"Um thank you" she replied and looked down while blushing.
I lifted her chin up so she was looking in my eyes and she blushed deeper.
"Hey, look at me. You're perfect. I couldn't imagine a better person to spend my evening with."

I kissed her hand lightly and took her arm, wincing when her hand brushed the area I had been punched.

We arrived at the restaurant and Blaise and Asti were very close. I could only wish Hermione and I will be that close some day.

We sat in the booth and then she surprised me. She took my hand and put it around my shoulders and snuggled into me, similar to what Blaise and Asti were doing. I purred. Then kicked myself mentally for doing that. I really need to get a hold of this veela. I could feel her gentle curves against my body and it made me shiver slightly in the realization.

We ordered food, ate and drank, all the while each of us engaging in a sort of 'getting to know you' style. I noticed when Mia was thinking she would bite her lip a little- which drove my veela crazy and she often ran her fingers through her fringe. I never looked away from her.

After the meal, we went separately for a walk in the park which was dimly lit and looked quite nice. Suddenly, Mia got really close to me and turned my face. I stared at her in confusion as her eyes went wide.

"Who did this to you?!" she exclaimed, grabbing both of my hands.
Ah, Weaselbee's punch...

Ginny's POV

We arrived at the restaurant, and Harry pulled out my chair. He seemed extremely nervous and smiled at me in a way that seemed... expectant.

We ordered, and am the good appeared on our plates, steaming. I dug in and Harry did too. I had a juicy steak and chips, while Harry had some sort of yummy pasta dish. It was delicious. We had been sat opposite each other, and I smiled at him, looking into his gorgeous eyes. They seemed to look through into my soul, and I found them enticing and beautiful. We ordered our desserts and ate them happily. Just like I knew Mia and Asti were, I suggested that we go for a walk.

I was wearing Harry's blazer (he had dressed up extremely smartly and looked incredibly hot.) We stopped near a bench, and I sat down, expecting him to sit next to me. But he hovered awkwardly in front of me. This is when I began to get nervous. What if- he didn't feel the same? What if he was going to... break up with me! Tears threatened to spring from my eyes as I thought of everything we'd been through. I turned to face him and he saw the tears in my eyes and asked what was wrong.

"You have looked nervous all night, and you've been a little 'off' with me lately. What's going on Harry? Are you going to end us?" I said, sobbing on the words 'end' and 'us'.

"No! No! I'm sorry if I've been a bit off Gin, I've just been thinking about some things lately. I was uh- nervous because.. well..."

And then, he GOT DOWN ON ONE KNEE! I covered my mouth with my hands, as he said the words I wished to hear.

"Ginerva Weasley. I love you with all my heart and I wish to been with you for my entire life. I want to be there for you and create a life with you, so we will be together forever. Words cannot express how much I'm in love with you. Will you marry me?"

I jumped up and squealed.
"Oh Harry.... Yes!"

He slid the ring on my finger, and in that moment, I knew I'd found my happiness.

Hermione's POV

"Who did this to you?!" Oh my gosh, it's turning purple. Ah I can heal it, but I want to know what happened first...

"Ah um yeah that was W-er Ron..."

"WHAT? Why!" I practically screamed.
He winced and touched my face lightly.
"He asked me where I was going all dressed up, and I told him..."
"He is so... impulsive. I'm sorry Draco, this is my fault."
"How is it your fault? He's the one that punched me Mia. And i'll tell you, your punches are more painful than his."
I giggled slightly, and then sighed and practically threw myself onto the floor beneath a huge tree.

"Draco, I... I- don't know how to handle you."
"What do you mean?"
"One minute, you hate my guts, and the next, you're kissing my forehead and hands and going on dates with me. I prefer you this way, but I'm not used to it and I don't want it to go back to the way it was before- like it was all a dream."
"Mia. Hey! Hermione! Look at me. This will not go back to the way it was before. It just can't. I've always been the bad boy-player-Slytherin, but you've changed me. You gave me a chance and I'm not about to throw it away. You're gorgeous, smart, crazy and incredibly interesting. I'm not going to mess this up. If you reject me before the end of this year, I won't even care because you have shown me that second chances are possible and I just know as long as I have you, smiling and blushing at me, I'll be happy."

I shivered. "Oh gosh, I'm so sorry, you must be cold. Here take this-" He stood me up, and wrapped his coat around my shoulders. I looked into his beautiful blue eyes and leant forward slightly. But then I tripped over my dress and fell into his awaiting arms.

"Oh I'm so sorry" I mumbled, and then stared back into his eyes. I felt us both lean forward slightly, and he dropped his gaze to my lips. He licked his slightly and then leant forward a little more. He hesitated, almost like asking for permission. When I didn't move, he closed the distance, pressing his lips to mine.

In that moment, I felt like a firework, soaring into the sky. Tingling inside my body in its entirety. Our mouths moved in unison, and I could not remember ever experiencing something as incredible as this with Ron or Viktor.

We pulled apart, both heavily breathing, but then soon resumed. Draco then began to explore my body a little. Not enough to be too suggestive, but almost lovingly, like he was memorising me.

We pulled apart once more, and then Draco suggested we find Blaise and Asti. Both of whom were indulging in some incredibly heated kissing. I laughed, and then we crept up behind and made them jump. I grinned at Asti and she looked very flushed.

On the way home, both of us seemed very girly and dreamy. Asti had also told me while getting changed for game night, that if we hadn't turned up, the kissing may have led elsewhere. I slapped her playfully on the arm, and we changed, conjuring bottles of alcohol on our way and resting them in the common room.

We then awaited our guests.