11. Secret spiller

Hermione's POV

Ugh! I'm not going to take much more of this, if I have to hex Malfoy into an oblivion to get him to be civil, I swear I will. I bet Blaise would help me... haha I love him already, he's the best brother I could've wished for! wow that was cheesy... but true. I smiled to myself and then frowned at Malfoy. He seemed to be sniffing the air? He's such a weird child, honestly.

We rounded the corner to McGonagalls office, and I whispered the password of 'Severus' to the gargoyles. McGonagall greeted me with a smile, Ginny and Blaise too, but stopped when they saw who was following me. Malfoy seemed in a sort of daze... like he was on drugs, not that they'd understand what they are! I ignored him and listened intently as McGonagall gave us instructions. The common room had the password of 'blood' which made Blaise and I grimace at the same time. McGonagall smirked knowingly. She handed us out timetables and told Blaise to sort out Malfoy. He seemed to be... purring? No idea. But I smirked as I heard Blaise dragging Malfoy through the corridors. Ginny chuckled but then asked me if I was alright. She was obviously talking about the sorting.

"Yes I'll be okay, thanks. Hopefully some of the slytherins have changed. They can't all be like Malfoy!" I said, not trying to hide my voice from him.

"True. I'm glad really. Blaise seems to have changed. It's lovely. Maybe he'll keep you out of harms way?" she said thoughtfully. I nodded absentmindedly and said maybe.

We arrived at the common room and I stopped to admire the door. None other but Severus was posted on it. I smiled, but then winced as someone walked into me. It seems Malfoy had been walking behind, not watching where he was going. I slapped him round the head and said the password. The dorm was magnificent. The walls painted the house colours, with spells decorating every inch. There was exquisite furniture and a beautiful woven rug. Ginny and I went straight to the bedrooms and saw that they were equally gorgeous. Decorated in gold and red, green and silver, they were true Slytherin and gryffindor rooms. Mine happened to be a mixture of the two. I cringed at the sight. It looked amazing but made me feel sick inside. This room should have been gold and red like Ginny's. Not bloody green and silver like Malfoy's. Even inside my mind I spat his name. In all honesty, I couldn't wait to tell him the truth about Blaise and I just to wipe the smirk off his face.

Hah. He'll be sorry!

Blaise's POV

The dorm was truly stunning. Shame I couldn't appreciate it properly due to practically dragging Draco. Merlin only know's what's got into him! Swearing under my breath at his weight, he finally decided to walk by himself. I had noticed him getting closer and closer to Hermione, and sniffing her! I panicked. I wouldn't let him hurt her, and surprisingly, he didn't. He seemed to be in some trance. I don't know. His dad's probably going to get the dementors kiss, I decided I'd let him have a moment of craziness.

Immediately after, we all fell asleep in our own bedrooms. I had quickly glanced in Mia's to see the colours. Her's was gryffindor and Slytherin and she was sleeping peacefully. I smiled and sighed. She didn't want this life. First being tormented because of being a mud-muggle born and now... stuck to being in a house with all her enemies. I fell asleep worrying about her, not knowing a certain red headed girl had seen me poke my head in Hermione's room.

Ginny POV

The cheek! First Hermione gets put in slytherin, and now she has some sort of hold over Blaise. Or maybe he wants to hurt her? Ah no clue. But the poor girl! She's brilliant, practically my sister and I love her, but she isn't going to survive this. Slytherins and Hermione don't- I repeat, DONT mix.

It's like if you dyed all of Snape's clothes and Umbridge style pink, and his hair. Just doesn't fit, you know?

I did a quick charm to remove the wall in between mine and Hermione's bedrooms. I hadn't slept well since the war and she'd told me about her dreams. At least this way we'd be together if anything happened.

We both slept dreamlessly.

*Next morning*

I had knocked on Draco, and Blaise's doors to wake them up, but found no Draco and no Blaise. Hermione was still asleep so I set her wand alarm and left. I met up with Harry for a brief but intense snogging session (I swear one day my self control is gonna slip and he'll have me completely, damn that boy is gets me hot!) and then came back to the dorm, but something I heard stopped me in my tracks.

"Hey sis, sleep well?" That was Blaise.

"No Blaise you can't just advertise it! What about Draco and Gin?!" She loudly whispered. I rolled my eyes and moved a little closer to the portrait hole.

"Draco's gone and so is Ginny. It's fine trust me. Mum tells me you're going to meet her soon. I know you'll want to spend your birthday with mates, but can we go over there at some point that weekend? She really wants to meet you and wish us a happy birthday." He said, I saw him rub the back of his neck in a thoughtful motion.

"Ah yeah, of course. I'll owl her if you like?" she replied. "Go ahead." He smiled and she summoned the parchment and ink, beginning the letter. I walked in.

"Excuse me, but what exactly is going on here?" I asked accusingly, raising my eyebrows. They both jumped up awkwardly. I put my hands on my hips and did my best to be as authoritative as mum. "Well?"

Hermione's POV

"You see Gin... Blaise and I are twins... you remember I told you I was adopted? Well Blaise and I have the same mum and dad and were born on the same day." she awkwardly replied.

"But I'm older!" Blaise retorted, grinning. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Hermione why didn't you tell me?" Hurt flashing through my eyes.

"I wanted to, but I didn't want you to judge me. I love you Gin and can't lose you!" she wailed.

I laughed again and replied. "You won't. I understand and I said I'd let you figure it out yourself. Does Ron know?" I winced as her eyes looked hurt at his name, but she shook her head no. "Harry? Luna?" I turned to Blaise after receiving no's for all. "Draco? Pansy?" he shook his head too, cringing at Pansy's name. I chuckled slightly. "When are you going to tell everyone?"

This time Blaise answered. "When we understand it ourselves. I don't want rumours that we can't deny if we doesn't understand. I trust Mia but I don't want our new friendship and trust to be broken by nosey idiots!"

I nodded. "Mia? Is that your nickname?"

"Yes. I would have been called it, but it's my middle name instead."

"Can I call you by it?" I asked hopefully. She laughed and said yes.

I smiled, hugged them both (surprising Blaise a little) and then we proceeded to class.

I was happy to feel trusted completely by the two of them and knew I'd gained a friendship I thought I would never have.