8. Slytherin

Blaise's POV

SHIIIT WHY DID I SAY THAT, or rather why did I say that and then NOTICEABLY CRINGE. There's no way Draco didn't miss that, and I know he heard Grangers intake of breath. He's on to us. I need to talk to my.... Sister now more than ever. God that's gonna need some getting used to. I walked off, trying to hide my obvious mistake, and Draco followed me, telling me about the dorm news... Perhaps meeting Granger wouldn't be quite so hard now eh? The last thing I heard him say before I blocked him out and changed my robes was about his 'truce' with Gr-Her-Hermione. Ew, looks like that will take some getting used to...But I can't call her that around Draco, or he'll suspect... She looks really different, a good different! Her hair is nicely curly and not bushy anymore as it has bits of blonde in. She's taller and a lot prettier...Anyway I dread to think how long their truce will last... And hour maybe? Even though I barely knew her, already I felt some sort of brotherly protective pull towards her. I hope this truce does last, now I know about her, I don't know if I'll be able to stop myself if he hurts her...

Hermione's POV

I was glad about the news for the dorms, I could bring Ginny! But I'd still have Draco... Hopefully Blaise won't be too bad; we are... Um siblings after all... Wow that feels weird to think. When McGonagall tripped up on my name I swore I was about to faint. That was the first mistake that Malfoy had noticed, I saw him glance at me and I know I reacted badly.

But oh for Merlin's sake, when Blaise said that related thing... There's no bloody way Draco didn't notice both of our reactions. He will find us out really quickly if we're not careful.

WAIT DID I JUST CALL HIM DRACO. TWICE. WHAT IS GOING ON?! I mentally shook myself, before going back to Ginny to tell her the news before we arrived at Hogwarts.

10 minutes later, all of the... 25 second-time-seventh years were walking to the great hall, chattering away with the slytherins dragging behind. I was updating Harry with as little information as I could (guilty as charged) on my birth mother and her family. Luckily he didn't pry too much. We sat down and McGonagall did the usual welcome back speech, when she smiled, particularly glancing in some of the seventh years directions and announced something I truly wasn't expecting. Rehousing.

Immediately everyone spoke to each other, creating an awful muttering in the hall and echoing to make the place seem loud.

I was truly terrified. The teachers no doubt knew my true family, what if they treated me differently or something?! I glanced at the Slytherin table as Blaise glanced at me. We exchanged glances of worry as we knew there was a possibility of one of us moving. I expected he would if one of us was going to move. In one of Andrea's many letters, she said that a lot of the slytherins had changed for the better after the war- Blaise one of them. I had to say, I'd be really glad if he became a gryffindor, he was hardly the worst Slytherin, so he'd be accepted better in my house, and after all, why would I move houses? I am the gryffindor princess!

After my mental rant I was quite confident on the outcome of my house being home to me and Blaise. Ginny, Harry, Ron, Pansy (ew), Luna, Astoria, Hannah, Susan, Malfoy (double ew), Theo, and Goyle were all in the same houses as before, which I wasn't' surprised at Daphme Greengrass had changed into a ravenclaw, (I supposed the people changing were the ones who had changed during and after the war) Dean was now ravenclaw, and Seamus was now Hufflepuff, to which made Dean snigger.

Blaise went up to the sorting hat, and my mouth dropped as it gave its result. "SLYTHERIN!" There were cheers ad Malfoy slapped him on the back. Blaise glanced at me quickly and in seeing my expression shook his head slightly not to worry, but suddenly I wasn't feeling so confident.

When my name was called, I was dreading the result, and as expected, I was right to be worried. "Ahh I believe you have changed a lot since first year Ms Za-Granger" I saw Malfoy look up, so I cursed the hat in my head, screaming in ladylike words, as it chuckled at my reaction. "Gryffindor was a great help to you Ms, but you will now do well else where. Blood is thicker than water, SLYTHERIN"

As soon as it had said Blood is thicker than water, I knew what my result would be. Blaise's jaw noticeably dropped at this too, and as he hurried to close it, the hat screamed my worst doubt. The hall was silent. You could hear a pin drop, and of course the one to break the silence had to be none other than Draco Malfoy.

"Oh you have got to be kidding me. No way in hell would Salazar let a filthy mudblood like GRANGER anywhere near us!" He sneered my name and stood up, throwing a green apple at my feet. "GOOD JOKE GRANGER!" And the entire Slytherin table burst out in laughter, apart from Blaise.

I threw the hat off of my head, and ran as fast as I could out of the great hall, ignoring Harry and Ginny's expressions of shock, anger and sadness at my expense. Tears falling freely, I ran to the room of requirement. In their, I received three owls. One each from Ginny and Harry asking me where I was. I replied quickly by saying I was fine and needed to think. The last, was from Blaise. He too asked me where I was and I told him honestly- and he decided to come and meet me.

How was I going to survive being a Slytherin if they all believed I was a filthy mudblood and not truly pure like them?