12. Dirty Blood

Hermione's POV

For once in my life, I was truly dreading classes. I walked to potions in silence with Blaise, knowing that slytherins and gryffindors sat apart from each other so I would be stuck with the rest of the slytherins. The worst part, Ginny and Harry would be sat only a few places away.

We walked into the classroom, and immediately, Slughorn stood in front of us. "I will be deciding the seating plan this year, students. No complaints of changes allowed!"

Harry, Ginny, Pansy and Ron

Luna, Hannah, Dean, Neville and Ellie

Olivia, Daphne, Pavati, Seamus and Padma

Malfoy, myself, Astoria, Blaise and Theodore

I grimaced at my brilliant luck. Not only did I have four other slytherins but MALFOY was one of them! I smiled a little at the thought of Blaise though, and went to my seat. Everyone was already there, besides Malfoy and I. Malfoy hadn't turned up. My day was getting better already!

Astoria's POV

Slughorn had out me next to Hermione. I was thrilled. Yeah that sounds weird because I should hate her, but I'm probably the only Slytherin who had never said a word against her. Truthfully, I thought she was gorgeous and had intelligence that I could only wish for. I'm not dumb, but I don't possess the knowledge she does.

"Hey!" I smiled at Blaise and whispered in his ear. "Do you think Hermione hates me? Because I want to talk to her, and get to know her"

"Go ahead, I'm sure she'll be happy for the new friendship" he smiled. He had really changed if he thought that. Oh and his eyes... That chocolate-brown and the flecks of green make me shiver. He's got an amazing body too; I've seen the photos Pansy took while he and Draco were working out. Mm...I mentally shook myself and turned to Hermione.

"Hi" I started with a smile. I saw her eyes widen and I chuckled.

"Hey" she replied softly.

"We haven't met before, or at least not properly- I'm Astoria."

"Oh, nice to meet you, I'm Hermione."

"I know" I winked and she blushed, looking at her feet. Slughorn then ordered silence so I rolled my eyes and got out spare parchment. I charmed a new quill to write my thoughts to her and she did the same.

"Did you want to be a Slytherin?"

"No. It quite surprised me actually."

"Do you know why you became one?"

"Y-no sorry"

"Oh... what's your favourite colour" I ignored her hesitation as I knew she didn't trust me quite yet and sniggered as I asked the question. It was so... First year.

"Funnily enough, green."

"Mines blue."

"A slytherin's favourite colour not being green? Shocking!" She winked and then continued her work.

"Cheeky"

"That's me"

"You're more Slytherin than you seem!"

When she didn't reply instantly, I knew I'd made a mistake.

"Listen Hermione, I know I wasn't exactly one of the ones that hurt and teased you constantly, but I want you to know that I'm not like that, and I truly want to be friends with you. Forgive me?" I meant every word honestly, and as I was staring down at the page, waiting for her reply, I felt someone hit me. I fell backwards onto Blaise, the person coming with me.