30. Findings

Draco's POV

I walked along the shops, seeing the dark circles under my eyes in the reflections of the windows. I walked up to the Jewellers and Bascus welcomed me.

"Good morning Mr Malfoy, how may I be of service on this fine morning?"

"Please, Bascus, call me Draco, I have told you many times."

"Of course, of course. I gather you're here for a reason?"

"Yes. I want a piece of jewellery. I'll pay any price so long as the individuality is priceless."

"Requirements?"

"Some sort of colouring to convey moods. Make it beautiful. Also, make the clasp of the necklace so that it will not come off unless something severe happens between me and my mate. Otherwise, it will only be taken off by either me or her. It cannot be ripped off and it has to contain healing spells so that she cannot be hurt."

"As you wish. I know the perfect necklace for you. I shall design it with her heritage a snake-"

"No, not just a snake, a lion as well."

"I was going to say the very same, Mr Draco."

"Bascus, please."

"Very well. There will be a high price for this piece of jewellery, it will be very intricate and wield powers, most jewellers would not be able to possess in a single piece of what many would call metal. I should have it in a few hours. Is that alright?"

"Yes. Many thanks to you sir, once again you have served me well."

"You're welcome. Only the best for the best as they say."

"I shall be back soon."

Harry's POV

I left Mia in the capable hands of a now ectstatic Draco. As I walked away I pondered the poem.

This needs to be figured out. Now.

What was it Dumbledore always said? Retrace your steps. So I must go over it again.

Mates. That must be Hermione and Draco. She's his veela mate. So she must be in trouble. She is also a friend to a lot of people so that makes sense. Along with the fact that Lucius is threatening her life of course... I sent a patronus to McGonagall to tell her the poem and continued up to my dorm.

Prevents the fall... My brow creased. My intuition was telling me that my thoughts were right. So we have a time, at 10, and a place. From there on, hopefully my luck will work it out. This person may fall, even though I hope to prevent that.

Wait....

It's me.

It's me who can stop all of this. I am 'the one that pries!' and I know exactly how to do this!