10. It's instinctual

Blaise's POV

We'd been actually having a good time when we'd fallen through the door into the corridor. And it just HAD to be Draco out there. I was on top of Mia, covering her face as she laughed and I managed to compose myself enough to mutter a charm to change her back into the black haired, green eyed person who looked like my mother. No joke, she looked like her twin when she was youngers. There as definitely no doubt in my mind now about us being related.

"Blaise where have you been? I haven't seen you since dinner, and that was.... 3 hours ago?!" He drawled, raising his eyebrows. He then noticed Mia and smirked as he turned to her. I saw her stiffen as he addressed her. "And who might you be?" He kissed her hand and I sniggered. Oh if only he knew...

"Mate this is Ella. Ella this is Draco" I said, pleading with my eyes for her to follow my lead.

Of course she caught on right away. I heard her take a deep breath and she walked around Draco trailing her fingers across his back and chest. She may not have been my sister for long but it still made me wince.

"Draco... Malfoy, correct? Hmm. I expected better in all honesty." she winked while whispering it into his ear. I noticed him shiver and close his eyes as she did so which earned a wide eyed look from me. I heard him inhale and sigh and I couldn't help but wonder what the hell that was about. When she stepped away, he opened his eyes and I jumped back, pulling Hermione behind me. His eyes had dilated into completely black rather than grey. I heard Mia gasp and and she covered her mouth with her hand.

"What?" Draco was obviously unaware of his eyes and slowly I heard Mia move to a portrait, muttering a spell that turned it into a mirror. Draco saw his eyes and you could see the look of understanding in them as he became aware of what was happening. He immediately ran off, heading in the direction of one of the towers. Mia turned round and stared at me wide eyed and then we both ran in the direction he went in only to find he had disappeared.

Draco's POV

I panicked. I couldn't help it. Not only had it freaked me out, but I didn't want to have to explain it to Blaise and that mystery girl- Ella, was it?

She was it. My mate. I knew it as soon as she came near. As she dragged her fingers over my body the inner veela was clawing inside me to get out. I was fighting the instinct so fiercely that I just ran. I had to get away from her alluring scent. Vanilla and apples... What is happening to me?

Mother, I wrote

Surely you know more about my... Heritage than me, so please tell me what it means when my pupils dilate into a monstrous black?

Love Draco

Within moments she replied.

Son,

Your inner veela is becoming stronger. Soon not only will you find your pupils dilating, but your fangs, yes Draco, fangs will start to come through. Read up on veelas- there will be information on them in the library in Hogwarts.

You will feel a particular pull of protectiveness towards your mate, don't shy away from it, welcome it. Fighting it will only lead to bad things- the veela in you will drive you insane. Please be careful and remember: I want you to be happy. I will accept whoever she is.

All my love, Narcissa

I sighed in relief at her accepting nature. The war had truly changed her. But on the other hand... FANGS WHAT THE HELL. I NEEDED TO GET TO THE LIBRARY NOW.

I started to walk toward the library muttering under my breath about stupid magical breeds when I bumped into someone. "Watch where you're going!" I shouted, pulling them up with my full strength angrily.

Whoever it was, pushed me away in equal anger. Granger.

"What did you want to do? RIP MY ARM OFF? Merlin!" She shouted. " Blaise has been looking for you everywhere!" She slapped my arm.

"None of your business mudblood!" ow.. jeez that hurt, what just happened?! It felt like my internal organs shuddered... Ugh. I mentally shook myself, and then something hit me. "wait.. Why would YOU be talking to Blaise?" I glared, curiously. This was very extraordinary.

I saw her eyes widen for a moment before she recovered, and replied without blinking. "Malfoy. I am, whether you like it or not, Head girl. I am also, a slytherin. I suggest you get over your prejudice and move on. After all, we are going to be room mates. But for your information, I was talking to Blaise purely because he was telling me that McGonagall wanted to show us out dorm, so will you stop wasting my time and come with me ferret!" She said the word ferret with such an amount of hate, that I was almost proud. Almost. I sneered at her, but followed her absentmindedly. When she walked faster, I easily kept pace, but stopped dead when an enticing scent hit my nose. Vanilla... mm... it was coming from my right, near Granger. I was tempted to follow the scent but decided against it, I didn't particularly want to be punched by her for getting closer to smell the incredible scent.

The smell stayed with me the entire time, only getting stronger as we neared McGonagall's office. Perhaps Ella was with Blaise? That would explain the scent, she was my mate after all. I suddenly became rather excited to get there to see her.