42. The office at 10:00 (Part Two)

Draco's POV

I leant forward.

-10:00-

My lips pressed against her cold lifeless ones, and I poured all of my emotion into it. In my mind I saw her laughing at Hogsmeade, running through the corridors, eyes shining as she stared back at me, blonde brown hair glowing.

I saw tender kisses of love and care in intimate moments and the mark that claimed her as mine. I felt her tears when she cried and her pain during her period, I felt her pride and her love for everything in the wizarding world. I thought of how much I loved and needed her and I willed the kiss to never end, and for some reciprocation from her. It didn't come. I kissed her and kissed her and kissed her.

Please Hermione I love you, come back to me baby I thought at her, willing her to answer me.

Tears streamed down my face as I found myself giving up. Just a little longer.

10:01

I...

Love you too

Wait. HERMIONE? IS THAT YOU?

In real life, she gasped loudly and pushed against my chest.

"Draco I can't... I can't breathe!" She whimpered.

"HERMIONE" There was a chorus from everyone in the room, portraits included.

Harry took her hand. "Welcome back Mia"

I grabbed onto her, lifting her off of the desk and into my arms. I breathed into her neck and then kissed her.

"You came back"
"I'll always come back to you. I love you Draco."