14. Explanations and Outcomes

Blaise's POV

We got back from the manor and Mia excused herself to her room as it was getting late. I could hear her talking to Ginny about her day and explaining what happened to me. I chuckled when Ginny gasped and shouted "LIKE FLEUR?!" and went to bed myself, trying to wrap my brains around the events of today.

In the morning, Draco was stood at my bed getting changed into his shirt.
"Morning. Where did you go yesterday?" He asked curiously. Here we go...
"I went to see mum at the manor seeing as it was my birthday and everything."
Not a lie.
"Oh? How is she? Well, I hope?" He drawled.
"Yeah... she's happier than ever before."
"Brilliant, the war treated her well then." He paused. "Where were you going with Granger?" There we go... Oh god.
"She was visiting her mum too. As we were both using the floo network, we walked each other.
Also not a lie, brilliant!

"Right. Anyway, we're still meeting here so you can explain with Granger, correct?" SHIT I forgot about that...
"Erm yeah sure, 4:30."
With that, he walked out. I breathed a sigh of relief and got dressed myself. I quickly warned Mia of what we were going to tell them, and she rushed off to invite Harry and Ron as they deserved to know too. I really hoped this would go well...

Harry's POV

"Harry!" I heard Hermione shout from the Slytherin table in the great hall. "Gosh you took a while to get up!"

"Haha hey Mia" She had said her new nickname was Mia because she was supposed to be called that. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to tell you to come to the head dorms at 4:30. I have to tell you and Ron something..."

"Oh, is it serious?" I asked worriedly. Why hadn't she told us before?

"No no, not really."

"Oh okay. I'll be there" I replied, hugging her once more.

"What is it, you telling us Malfoy is your new boyfriend?" Ron sneered. I glared at him. He was the one that broke up with Mia, not the other way around. He shouldn't be so bloody jealous. As if repeating my thoughts, Mia turned pink.

"Ronald. I am free to date whoever I want, whenever! In case you can't remember, YOU broke up with ME. Therefore, there is NO NEED for that tone!"

"Well I just thought, seeing as you're friends with Blaise and Pansy now, you may as well love Malfoy!"

I saw Hermione sneer at him and walk away knowing it wasn't worth the trouble to tell at him again, but she was pulled back, hitting me.

"Ron?!" I shouted, massaging the arm Mia had bumped into.

He had Mia's arm in his grasp and was speaking to her through gritted teeth.
"Admit it. You need me. You're relying on people who hate you purely because you miss me. This is your coping mechanism because you know that you still love me"

"Ron you're hurting me!" She cried, trying to make him let go of her arm. I tried to pull Ron off of her, and he ignored me, muttering at her about her being a bitch and a know it all.

Then someone flew past me and punched Ron directly in the nose. Ron's nose was bleeding, but he let go in shock. Hermione ran out, crying and I made to go after her, but someone stopped me. I stared at them in confusion, and then realised it was Malfoy. He had punched Ron?!

"The girls have already gone, I'll help, and then come when you've sorted him out?" He said quietly. Still in shock, I nodded, bending down to heal Ron, scolding him for being an idiot.

Draco's POV

I'd punched Ron in the nose... no idea why... I just, when I saw him hurting Her- er Granger, I had to do SOMETHING. I then told Harry, I mean um Potter, to sort R-FOR MERLINS SAKE WHATS HAPPENING?! Sort WEASLEY out.

I ran after Granger, and found her shut up in her room. The girls were sat outside the door speaking quietly to each other, I approached and knocked on the door quietly. The girls gave a weak smile and went to the common room.

"Granger?" I knocked again.

"Go away Malfoy!" Something inside of me snapped at how heart brokenly sad she sounded.

"P-please? I um punched W-Ron, after he hurt you...." no answer. "I will break down the door if I have to!" I stepped back and took the door at a run about to run it down.

It was open. I fell straight through, breaking the hinges and landed on my face. Hermione was laughing so hard, newer tears were flowing down her cheeks.

"You really punched Ron for me?" she asked suddenly after she ceased the laughter.
"Er yeah I guess I did. Idiot had it coming to him anyway the-" I was stopped as she ran up to me and hugged me tightly. I stopped in strangled surprise.
"Oh I'm sorry..." she pulled back awkwardly. Something inside of me purred in content at our closeness and as I stared into her gorgeous hazel eyes and she, my grey silver ones, we leant closer and closer until.... we broke apart. Granger seemed to have realised what was happening and ran off, muttering a thank you for the punch and standing up for her. She said something about class, and I knew I wouldn't see her until 4:30. What was I thinking? KISSING A MUDBLOOD, WHATS WRONG WITH ME!

The rest of the day passed slower that I thought possible. The lessons dragged, and Blaise was annoyingly quiet so I didn't have him to mess about with. I found myself seeing how many knots I could tie up in a girls hair before they noticed. They would notice at about the third one, when I picked one of the shorter layers on top. I could only do it to the girls with shorter hair of course, but their reactions were hilarious none the less.

Finally it was 4 and my lesson had finished. I went outside to have a ride around the grounds for half an hour to clear my thoughts before Blaise and Granger announced whatever it was.

Could it be true that Granger really wasn't a mudblood? If so, how did they know? How was Blaise involved? Who else knew? So many questions still revolved and I was getting frustrated with the need to be answered so I checked the time over and over again until it came to 4:25. My thoughts went to Ella as I began to put my broom away. I hadn't seen her for two weeks now. It can't have been my imagination. She was too perfect for that. No way would I let her slip out of my grasp when she's the one that could be the potential difference between my life or death. My thoughts then went to granger. What had happened earlier that made me act so protectively? I remembered feeling an intense hatred at Weasley for hurting her and just acted on it. It was probably because I didn't want Astoria and Pansy to be upset if their friend ended up in the hospital wing because of a idiotic impulsive ex-boyfriend weasel. Yeah it was just my instincts kicking in because I didn't want my friends upset. But then, what happened with that almost-kiss. My best guess was that it was our hormones. Of course my veela attraction probably kicked in too, seeing as I must have seemed irresistible to her. I smirked and then checked the time. I was now ten minutes late. Oh well. I waltzed up to the head dorms and sneered at the audience waiting for my presence. Noticing there was no Weasley but a Luna and a Neville, I sat down in one of the chairs and raised my eyebrows at them to begin.

Pansy was on the edge of her seat in anticipation.

*meanwhile*
Hermione's POV

"Blaise, you know what mum said about D-Malfoy being a veela? Do you know who his mate is?" I asked, nervously.

"I have an idea, why? What's happened?" he replied, eyes widening.

"N-nothing I just... sorry I shouldn't have brought it up." I was about to walk out the room, when Blaise came up to me.

"I'll get rid of the bruise Ron left you, I'm sure you don't want too many people knowing, right?" I nodded. "Please Mia, don't lie to me. What happened?"

"Well umm... Malfoy and I... almost kissed."
"WHAT!"
"He came into my room telling me he had punched Ron, and I hugged him to say thank you, then realised how awkward it was, and pulled back and then... but I ran away before anything could happen. He just seems to be more protective over me and reacts differently? I'm probably talking complete rubbish, sorry. Thanks for this by the way." I said, holding up my arm.

"It's not rubbish, it's what I was thinking too. Of course we could be wrong but it seems a little too much ofa... coincidence?" He replied. I nodded, and we looked at the time as there were knocks on the portrait hole. It was dead on 4:30. Each of us took a deep breath and answered to see all of the invitees, except Malfoy. I rolled my eyes and said we'd have to wait. Ten minutes later, he strolled in.

Draco's POV

"Well what are you waiting for?" I drawled, tired of the suspense and watching Pansy jump out of her seat. Blaise stepped forward.

"Hermione is not a mudblood. We know this because during the summer, she found out her muggle parents adopted her when she was barely a toddler." He nodded to Granger who took a deep breath and also stepped forward.

"My birth mother is a lady called Andrea." I looked around to see identical expressions of confusion. "Andrea who?" I sneered at her.

"Andrea... Zabini. Blaise and I are twins."

I stood up, eyes flicking between the two in confusion. "WHAT?!" I screeched. "SURELY THIS IS A JOKE. BLAISE?" He shook his head slowly.
"No mate, sorry."
I strutted up to Blaise, and much to everyone's horror, punched him. Blaise grabbed me and threw me into their room muttering something about not fighting around ladies.

"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU NOT TELL ME BLAISE?" I punched him.

"BECAUSE I KNEW YOU'D ACT LIKE THIS!" He punched me.

"WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE BEST FRIENDS BLAISE! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!" I pushed him.

"WELL IT WORKS BOTH WAYS DRACO, WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME THAT YOU WERE A VEELA?" He pushed me. I was so stunned, that I fell over, my hands creating bloody marks on the carpet.

I saw Hermione walk in out of the corner of my eye, with her hand over her mouth at the sight of us bleeding.

"AND WHEN EXACTLY WERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME THAT MIA IS YOUR MATE?"